CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Carbon or Chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon or Chrome?

Okay guys, help a gal out. I have a 2000 CBR F4 that is completely stock. I know that I want an undertail and a hugger. I am checking out all kinds of parts and not sure whether I want chrome windscreen, stator cover, brake and clutch levers etc. or go with the carbon fiber. The bike has less than 2500 miles on it so it is practically brand new and so....what looks better to you guys? Color scheme is light silver and red, I tried to post pics but I can't. Mabye cause I'm blonde?!?! LOL, Anyways...

Thanks so much for your opinion!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Default RE: Carbon or Chrome?

I like carbon fiber, but it is up to you in the end. They both look great but I think chrome is nice when it is on a show bike and there is a lot of it. While carbon fiber is good with a few things here and there. Your picture did work but was a bit small, but we get what it looks like, we all have one too. Good luck on what you chose and post pics when you get it done.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:55 PM

I personally like the carbon look, but chrome looks good as well. Remember its your bike whatever you like is what you should pick dont let other people dress your bike up for you.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:50 PM

I love shiny things, I'm a girl! LOL! But seriously, I like the carbon fiber too. I bought the racing mirrors off ebay but I am not too happy with them. Once they are on, you can't adjust them. I'm going shopping for a new set.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:11 PM

I saw a CBR F4 2k or maybe a 2k1, all the fairings were carbon, THE GAS TANK! this bike was soo fricken awesome, he said that the radar guns never picked him up because of the carbon fiber disipating the radar waves, he had spoke rims and he said the only way they got him was with a line-dar gun on his body, because he wasn't in tuck position. Gotta have some dough for that setup, but back to your topic, like they've already said. Chrome for shows, Carbon for go's

Old 07-21-2006, 09:09 AM

I'd have a look at going with the chrome stuff cos of the colour of your bike. I love carbon fiber myself and my bikes certainly not lacking in the C/F department but it's black and yellow, so I think it suits it But as yours is silver and red colour wise it might look better with chrome than C/F. But that's just my opinion

Old 07-21-2006, 03:14 PM

The only thing that concerns me about the chrome is someone wanting to take my bike. Bikes are stolen everyday out here and to invest that much only to have it stolen would kill me. Maybe I'll do a little of both. I love the way the chrome looks but I already have a few carbon fiber things. I figured if I didn't use it, I could always sell it.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:06 PM

IDK who deleted my post about chrome bikes getting stolen, maybe it was on another thread somewhere else. But De Ja Vu, I swear I told you that chrome bikes are stolen alot more. Because guess who's stealing them, the ones who have more money invested in their 22' chrome spinning wheels, (which are worth more than most of the cars their on.). Just listen to a few rap songs and you will hear the bloodlust for chrome from Americas majority of thieves/rapist/drug dealers/ incarcerated people. In no way shape or form is this a derogatory post of or for any nationality. But it's a fact of the matter that chrome attracts people, and most of the time, its the negative attention, the jealous kind, the kind that will keep you up at night waiting to hear if you hear 3 guys picking up your bike and putting it into the back of a van/truck and driving away. If you want to show your bike off, you don't have to chrome the whole bike, but a chrome/ mirror gas tank would be the sweetest thing i've ever seen. BTW there are other metal finishes other than chrome, such as for you rims midnight blue with dif color flecks in it. Pinstripping your bike, painting the bike. IMO just look at the broader spectrum of the endless possibilities to make your bike unique and one of a kind, one that discribes your personality! Doesn't mean stock bikes are for bland people, it means some of us, especially me can't afford the plastic surgeory for our women (our bikes).

Old 07-21-2006, 07:22 PM

Hey Dan,

I agree completely about the cost of mods. Being a woman who can't do her own, it is even pricier for me. I think i'll probably do a little chrome and a little carbon fiber. I'm not too worried about the bike being stolen at home but I work in an area that bikes are jacked all the time. It doesn't matter what security measures I take for it, if someone wants it, they'll take it. I've had a few guys check out my bike when I've been at a local bike hangout at the beach and you can almost see the thoughts they have. Here's this chick on a bike, I bet if I got my pals over here, we can roll up and she couldn't do anything about it. It's not like I can kick their *** if I caught em in the process.

Basically, I want my bike to stand out. It kind of is an ego thing and I'm not ashamed to admit that. I graduated from riding a Honda Rebel (the cheapest bikes out there) so now, I want this bike to shine.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:55 PM

Idk what the CCW laws are like in San Fernando but if you gotta protect yourself/your vehicle/ your money/ your transportation/ your family, then the use of lethal force is justified here in America. If you don't want it to go to the big courts, when you shoot someone shoot them below the groin/waist, then its not attempted murder.

Quick Reply: Carbon or Chrome?