CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

assembly problems..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default assembly problems..

ive slowly been putting the bike back together and it seems everything i take off something else needs to be replaced or repaired which is as expceted for moding an older bike. ne ways i jetted the carbs and now during reassembly of the carb onto the bike im running into a few issues. first off i got the carb on ok and all the lines in place but as for the throttle cables and the choke im a little confused on how to adjust them?....

aswell as my main problem is if i use the choke it works well enough but when i go to release it it gets stuck i have to push it back with my fingers. is there something i should be lubeing or something that could be bent i did look and nothing seems to be bent to me. and both throttle cables i have installed and either i cant adjust them right or somethings wrong. with both cables installed if i engage the throttle it stays where i put it with no spring back (almost like cruise) lol but this is not right if anyone could shed some light on my issues i would appreciate it alot....sorry for the ramble

Old 02-12-2012, 07:43 PM

is there any chance that when you disassembled the throttle linkages, you stretched/kinked the lines or they were routed just a tad off? when it comes to chokes and fuel linkages and the spring-backs, its almost always related to them not being perfectly where they were as factory installed or a bend/fray in the wire. a pain but easy fix when you do find it. hope that helps

Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 AM

i dont seem to see anything wrong with any of the cables are kinked if i take the cables off they move freely with no binding...

Old 02-15-2012, 11:05 AM

any other ideas??

Old 02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Lubing all the cables is a start but are your referring to the throttle tube and how it wont snap back? Because to my knowledge the choke is not spring loaded and you will have to move it back and forth on your own power.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 AM

what should i be lubeing the cables with? and yes the throttle tube wont snap back at all if i take the cables off of the carb the "throttle body" springs back as it should. and as far as the choke i did have to push it back before but right now it is really stiff to put the choke on and also when i release it the cable releases but i have to physically push the lever that the choke cable actuates to get it back to normal

Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

I use cable lube from the local pedal bike store, its cheap and it does its job very well, its made by finish line and its teflon based. If lubing doesnt work than replace the throttle cables. You can lube the choke cable as well and it will ease the motion of the choke cable but it will never return the closed position on its own. Hope you just need to lube the cables but replacing them is easy and in expensive too!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Yeah of lube doesn't work then I personally would go the route of replacing them = no more headaches. Then you can enjoy your f4 some more!

Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM

thanks guys ill try lube when i get home and see if that will free up the cables

Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 PM

Update* took off the cables and used a silicone based spray lube from work and it seemed to work some what of the choke cable but not really the throttle cables. after a closer look of the rail that activates the choke might be bent ill have to try and take it off tomorrow and see.

Quick Reply: assembly problems..