CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Anyone have a link to carb synchronizing how to

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a link to carb synchronizing how to

I want to sync the carbs myself with a tool, but I havent seen any step by step how to instructions on this forum. Was wondering if anyone had a link they could post. There is a tool for $60 on ebay so that should work I imagine, then probably do a valve adjust but have a shop do that.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have a link to carb synchronizing how to

You should make sure that all other maintenance is done before touching your carbs. You could end up withmoreproblems. Carbs will not sync properly until every other aspect of the engine is properly tuned. The valves in our bikes are a shim under bucket, so if you need to adjust them, you'll be syncing the carbs when your done if you try to sync them before. If you're suspecting fuel issues, have you checked your spark plugs, or maybe your air filter is dirty, or possibly your carbs just need a cleaning. What's your altitude, maybe your jetting is out? Just some suggestions, it usually takes quite a few miles on your motor before the carbs go out of sync.

If they are out, you'll need a set of 4-cylinder vacuum guages anda digital tach that works in 50 rpm increments.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:52 AM

I have new K&N air filter, new plugs and checked them to make sure they are still perfect, and I sprayed carb cleaner. I just seems to lag, but when i put alot of throttle on it seems to get better. It is just kinda weak at 4k rpm and maybe a little above and below. Seems to bog just a bit, cause a hear some missing. The distributor ifit has one, probably doesn't have a vacuum advance or I would say it feels like that. I read some posts that mention sychronizing carbs isn't too hard and the tool isn't too expensive to thought it would be cheap enough to eliminate that after doing.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 PM

Here ya go:
http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/c...onization.html
It's not for the F4, but it's close enough.
For the F4:
Synch lines are connected to bottom of the airbox from left to right 1,2,3,4.
The adjusting screws are in the same place as the bike in those pics.
(BTW: It's in the manual, page 3-13)

Old 06-01-2007, 01:10 AM

How many miles sre on your bike? you will want to do a vavle adjustment before your carbs though.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:21 AM

Sweeet, thanx therabbit. I will order the sync tool from ebay and get to work. It looks like the carb tool in the instructions got hooked up to intake manifold area right before head for each carb, but ur saying to hook up sync tool on cbr to the air box. That would mean it is measuring where the carbs suck the air in and they kinda share the air box, but ur saying that is ok. I will prob sync carbs and then take it to a shop for valve adjust. I just don't want them to tell me it needs all kinds of work when it really doesnt. I can always resync after. My bike only has 9k miles so really it shouldn't run as crappy as it does. But I can't think of any other reason it lags at 4k rpm.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:41 AM

Now i have to bid the tool. The not to expensive one has no buy it now price >=\. Anyone have a link to a tool i can buy now for bout $60.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: jeffrimerman

Sweeet, thanx therabbit. I will order the sync tool from ebay and get to work. It looks like the carb tool in the instructions got hooked up to intake manifold area right before head for each carb, but ur saying to hook up sync tool on cbr to the air box. That would mean it is measuring where the carbs suck the air in and they kinda share the air box, but ur saying that is ok. I will prob sync carbs and then take it to a shop for valve adjust. I just don't want them to tell me it needs all kinds of work when it really doesnt. I can always resync after. My bike only has 9k miles so really it shouldn't run as crappy as it does. But I can't think of any other reason it lags at 4k rpm.
You'll have to synch the carbs after the valve adjust. The carb tool hooks up to a vacuum port on each carb, on the FZ1 (the tutorial bike) those vac ports are capped off. On the F4 Honda put hoses on the vac ports, those hoses connect to the airbox, but really they're just plugged off there, the nipples they connect to are solid plastic, just there to have a place to plug the lines.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Sorry therabbit I get it now. That actually makes it easy to trace where I need to hook up the vacuum lines. Thanx again.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Yep, no problem. Good luck with getting rid of that lag.