CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

2000 cbr 600 f4 please help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 cbr 600 f4 please help.

Hello everyone i am new to this site here is my problem, I just bought a bike from a guy and when we got there he told us he had just took it for a ride and the battery was old so he jumped it with a truck, Then we turned the choke down and bike shut off so then he tried jumping it again and got the wires crossed on the jumper cables and popped a fuse we replaced it the next day when i got it home and put a new battery in it lights and everything work but bike wont start it tries to but wont kick in anyone have any sugguestions? i would appr. anything you have to offer me and will take every thing into consideration Thanks.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:25 AM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to CBRF

what bike do you have..... post in the bike appropriate section and people will help you out, also try the serch for the treads with this problem.
i would like to adjust the throtle on it. what i did is that i turned the throtle screw all the way down and started tio start it, and from there i turned it 1/4 turns until it started on the choke of course.
thats what i would start with.
changing the spark plugs helped as well.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:43 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Hello and Welcome to the CBR Forum!!!

Air, gas, and spark is what you need to get it to fire.

I would change all fluids, spark plugs, and check all fuses.

Also post up in the correct section and you will receive a lot more responses.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't think of anything that you should check for right now but perhaps the wiring diagram will do you some good. I posted it in the F4 section a bit back.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4...wnload-121805/

I just bought a bike from a guy and when we got there he told us he had just took it for a ride and the battery was old so he jumped it with a truck,
That sounds a bit dodgy to me to be honest... If I'm somewhere to potentially buy a bike, it better be cold on start up instead of having the owner warm it up a little.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

moved thread to F4 forum; hopefully you'll get some additional views from others with your model who can help.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard. Sorry you're having the problems.

Indiana Hurricane has good advice above.

Its water under the bridge now but I would not have purchased the bike til it was running properly. Nevertheless, let's see if we can help.

Need more info. It could be something simple or you could have multiple issues. Difficult at this point to know. Do you have maintenance records for the bike? How much mileage does the bike have? How long did it sit?

I'm unclear... Did you actually see the bike run & experience what you say above? ...Or, did you just get the story that it did run b/f you got there...then tried starting it "again" while you were there?

Was the bike jumped w/ the truck running?...b/c that is a big no-no. If the truck was running when the bike was jumped, it may have fried something in the wiring harness other than just blowing fuses.

Regarding the choke operation w/ the F4, when you turn on the choke to start it, leave the choke on for a little while so that the bike can run & start warming up. When rpms start to build (you'll know), turn down the choke gently to just above idle at 1300-1500, while continuing to let warm up. Once the bike is warm enough to run on its own at idle speed, take choke off.

There are links here on the forum to the SERVICE MANUAL for the F4. Download that & look thru the troubleshooting procedures. Hopefully others will chime in as well, as you post more feedback.

Hope you find your issue asap. Good luck.