CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

1999 cbr 600 f4 streetfighter looses power when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 cbr 600 f4 streetfighter looses power when accelerating

So round March I crashed and ended up streetfighter. Not bad changed levers and got new headlight. Bike ran fine. Then I crashed again and this time bike rolled over completely. I fixed it and got it running but when I accelerated it would stutter and bog down(loosing power), and if I gas more it powers back up. I changed spark plugs and got my carbs cleaned and synced. Made my issues better but I cant clear it all up. Any suggestions?...

Old 11-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ouch. Two crashes in a season is brutal. I guess if you're asking for suggestions, it'd be to take it easy on the old girl

I'd recommend starting with a good visual of any damage areas. Check for crushed wires or sensors. If I'm taking a shot in a dark, it could be a throttle-position sensor (can't recall if your bike came with one) or maybe a cracked airbox or other intake component. Pull plugs and check for lean/rich. Confirm fuel flow. Make sure your tank vent is clear. If the bike's been modified, you'll probably want to re-check your work just to rule it out

Does it idle okay? Will it stall if you stay on the throttle? Does it do the same if you rev it (no-load) or only when you're trying to roll-on?

Old 11-03-2018, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tentacleslap
Ouch. Two crashes in a season is brutal. I guess if you're asking for suggestions, it'd be to take it easy on the old girl

I'd recommend starting with a good visual of any damage areas. Check for crushed wires or sensors. If I'm taking a shot in a dark, it could be a throttle-position sensor (can't recall if your bike came with one) or maybe a cracked airbox or other intake component. Pull plugs and check for lean/rich. Confirm fuel flow. Make sure your tank vent is clear. If the bike's been modified, you'll probably want to re-check your work just to rule it out

Does it idle okay? Will it stall if you stay on the throttle? Does it do the same if you rev it (no-load) or only when you're trying to roll-on?
it does idle okay for the most part. It wont stall but feels like it comes very close. It's as I'm rolling in the throttle. Like I will be cruising holding steady throttle and it's okay but if I crack it more it starts to stutter. I couldn't say the rpm range I hve no gushes. Had a few shops trying to help me but we couldn't figure it out.