CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Whew, finially got it running, but still couple of issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whew, finially got it running, but still couple of issues

Thanks, to a parts bike I found on Craigs List on Friday for $300.00, got the bike running. Yeah!?!?.

Took it for a test ride and found out the speedo don't work, but the Odometer and Trip meter works, looked in the manual stated faulty unit. The ride wasgreat, had more acceleration than before, just a little twist gets the bike moving, had ahugesmile on my bike.The bike never preformed like this, buton my return trip home, (smile gone) the bike started to blogg like it was running out of gas, but never shut off. Turned to reserved,did better but still couldn't go above 25 MPH

Every time I turn the throttle it will try to shut off, so I let off the throttle and let it coast at 25 mph on the highway (shoulder).

Got back home thought it was the throttle position (TP) sensor, but it wasn't. That is a mother to get out without taking out the carbs, but got it out without doing so. Still did the same thing after the TP swap, tonight I swap out the fuel pump and see if it still does it. If so, I have to take it to the shop, because I changed every thing on the bike, from relays to stator.

Oh,the scary part was when I took off the stator, one of the mounting bolts was loose and just hanging there. Good thing itdidn't come out (because of no room) and chewed up the stator rotor and busted though the cover. Most of the bolt head was grinded off (YES, changing the oil is in the works),I believed this cause the stator and the battery to short out, it didn't help with I jump start the bike with the car running. But, lets not cry over spilled milk. This loose bolt also made me thing I needed to change my transmission, it was making a a ticking, tapping, clickingnoise and every time it made that noise the bike will jerks alittle bit, but now no noise and no jerking.

What I changed so far:

1.All relays (expect air control valve, can't find it)
2. CDI
3. Coils and cables
4. Clutch Diode
5. Ignition Pulse Unit
6. Stator
7. Battery
8. Speed Sensor
9. Starter
10. Gauges, (Tach & Temp)
11. Throttle position sensor
12.All bulbs (blew)
14. Turnsignal Relay
15. Voltage Rectifier Regulator
16. Fuel pump relay
17. Starter Relay

So, for I am $600.00 into parts, including parts bike and still can't ride it. SO HOPEFULLY THE FUEL PUMP SWAP TONIGHT WILL SOLVE MY PROBLEM!!!!!!.

If not, I am lost,if I missed something guys/girls, let me know. I am going though bike withdrawl. ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Thanks
SGB

Old 07-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Default RE: Whew, finially got it running, but still couple of issues

def sounds like a fuel pump at least...good luck

Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 PM

Ok, wasn't the fuel pump, change it took it for test ride and samething. DANG!!!!
So, I thought maybe the parts bike coil was bad too, so going to swap out for the old ones. An Lord beholds there it was, the vent tubes for the gas tank was bent, straighten them out and vroom vrooom.

I have a issue still, when I ease on the throttle the bike has excellent throttle response, but when I got to Wide Open Throttle (WOT), it asks like it is not getting enough gas. Sounds like one of the cylinders is notfiring. Again this only happens at WOT

Maybe I still have something clogged, bent or disconnected. But, I am able to ride YEAH!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 06:09 AM

Check all air/vacuum hoses that go to carbs.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:30 AM

Ok, I was pulling a tugging alot to get things installed. I will tonight when I swap out the speedo meter.
Rode to work today an it was fun, what a high I had. My hands still was shaken when I got off.

Had heads turning with the new 7stars fairing on.

One scarey part, since I can't tell how fast I was going I saw POPO pull up behind me, then pasted me and gave me the thumbs up and I gave him the head **** and he pasted on by Wheww!.