CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

sticky situation!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticky situation!?

well i've been working on the front end of the bike taking the hidious decals off the front and well i got one side half way done but its going slowwwww. like i've been at this for a good hour in a half...so far i've used a heat gun some goo gone stuff and my good old fingers and well needless to say i got a few blisters working it... have anyone of you done something like this before and if so did you find an easier way of doing it.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Default RE: sticky situation!?

I just took off a bunch of decals last week and I found that the heat will only lead to leaving adhesive on the plastic. Back a few years ago when I worked at Advance Auto Parts, they carried a "Adhesive Remover" that was in an areisol can with a black cap. I still have it and it's almost gone! I wanted to get some more but can't find it anywhere!!! Anyways, that stuff you just stray around the decal and let it sit fora bit, then you get a corner up and start peeling real slow like.

That stuff works wonders, and I went and got a diffrent style/brand of adhesive remover and that **** ate right into the plastic...not good! If your really interested, I can take a pic of the can and/or get you the manufactuer/part number of it. That stuff works on any material and works awesome!

Old 05-13-2008, 03:09 PM

the thing is i already took the decals off... which is my point that they just pealed off and left the sticky stuff still on the plastic and its possible to take off but it just takes time and i though i give it a shot and ask if anyone knows an esier way... patience is key and ireally dont have the patience since they result in these damn blisters.[:@]

Old 05-13-2008, 04:07 PM

i know wat your talking about, i just went thru the same thing, i used a heat gun and wd40, i heated up a little section for a while just baking the section and sprayed with wd40, steam would come off the adhesive part, haha so when i saw that i just laid into it with my fingers and rag and it came off with time. just have to do little sections at a time, and yes it does suck but i dont have any ****ty looking adhesive patches anymore

Old 05-13-2008, 06:41 PM

hehe yea i got one side done and its lookin pretty damn good with out any decals in the front... the other side is next but that'll be tomorrows work...on a side note i got my seat redone. this upholstry guy did it for 35 bucks which is rediculously cheap and he did a damn fantastic job on it.