CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Squid alert (yea me) Wheelies question

Old 01-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squid alert (yea me) Wheelies question

how?

i have a 98 f3 with sprocket and chain, exhaust and jet kit (stage 3) and i can barely get my front end up, let alone hold it up

HALP! i need to show off :P

Old 01-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Default RE: Squid alert (yea me) Wheelies question

Even though I am not impressed by wheelies I can ride them. while accelerating in first dump off the throtle a little bit in order to compress your suspension and then roll on the gas. As soon as the front end comes of the ground you will have to let off a little bit. Be carefull. I suggest you practice in a parking lott or back road where you have a clear view of sight. Once you learn that we will talk about shifting gears...

Old 01-27-2006, 02:07 AM

hmm
i must be too far up on the seat

im only 5'7" 135 pounds. and i sit way up front on the seat. Just feels really weird when i sit way back so my butt in the back groove, i have to extend my arms out real far. i guess I should just get used to sittin that far back.

why would i want to let off the throttle?(Once my wheel is coming up) wouldn't it just dump straight back onto the front wheel? only reason i can think of doing htis is to get used to the feeling of the wheel in the air

also, what RPM would you suggest to compress the shocks at

thanks

Old 01-27-2006, 04:08 AM

wheelies are waste of time man and you will probly ruin your shift forks in the process of learning or some other part of your trans. man i went through shift drum and shift forks before i learned how to do them with out hurtin the bike and now that i know how to do it who really cares about gettin the front wheel up the only time i would want to see my front come up any more is exiting out of corners really frickin hard on a track.if you really want to do wheelies get the 1000rr and crack the throttle open hard in first and sky will be the only thing you'll see.dont take that advice just believe me there not that cool.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:23 PM

nothing like popin' a wheelie infront a car full of gurls and then pull into a gas station and getting all their numbers 8) thats all i gotta say =p

Old 01-27-2006, 01:47 PM

see? im with cbr_newbie on this one (if he's being serious)

wel joker, believe me, im all about taking my bike out to the track. I've been tracking my car for 3 years now, and i can't wait to get a track day on my bike under my belt

as much as people say "wheelies are dumb" i won't think that. they are just so cool!

and dnot' worry, i couldn't get on a 1000RR and just hammer on the throttle, im not an idiot :P

thanks guys

Old 01-27-2006, 02:03 PM

The reason for letting off the gas once the front end comes up is because once you hit the balance point the front is going to come up real fast. It will take time to get used to. Be carefull not to just completley shut of the gass or you will be singing saprono. Its not hard to blow out fork seals either.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:06 PM

I'm not one to just ride around pulling wheelies all day. I do think it's o.k if it's a controlled wheelie though. I will always say track riding-racing is much safer and fun.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:11 PM

hey dont mean to come off that strong, everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want, just seen a lot of good people go down and ruin their bikes over wheelies.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:25 PM

since your probly gonna do them anyway understand this, by using your suspension to get you up in the air your gonna come down hard try not to have a death grip on the handlbars this can lead you into what you call a tank slapper, hard to recover from once its starts.
another way to do wheelies is using your clutch. rev the bike to 8500rpm and gradually let go of the clutch quicker and quicker find that sweet spot in your clutch. once you start to feel the suspension extend you will know just a little quicker on the clutch release and a bit of throttle will pull your tire off the ground. this method will eventually evolve into bouncin your suspension, at least thats how i learned. oh yeah its a little hard on your clutch plates but better than falllin.good luck hope you get the girls.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Squid alert (yea me) Wheelies question