CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

so the police got me

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: so the police got me

ORIGINAL: ptowntsi

the police will pull people over for leaving our damn dragstrip here. they say its "probable cause". here are people who are actually going to the drag strip to race and the police are cracking down on them.

it just gets tiring after awhile. there are so many other worse crimes going on out in our cities, there shouldn't even be traffic enforcement unless you are really putting people in danger.
These posts just keep getting better.

Just to get this straight, police are hanging around outside the dragstrip and pulling over people who are driving/riding non street legal vehicles? Could it be that the police seem to hang around in areas where people are breaking the law?? Have these people racing never heard of a trailer? How about loading the bike in the back of a pickup? Since when do NON STREET LEGAL vehicles NOT put people in danger?

I guess I should be getting pissed when the police start to crack down on the area in the city where all the drug dealers and prostitutes hang out. How dare them!

Old 07-26-2007, 01:09 PM

it just gets tiring after awhile. there are so many other worse crimes going on out in our cities, there shouldn't even be traffic enforcement unless you are really putting people in danger.
To a degree I agree with you. But I think that riding without a license on an illegal bike with no insurance is putting people in danger.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:43 PM

they are pulling over street legal cars and trailered cars and checking them for illegal mods. you can't have a car that is registered apparently even on a trailer if it has illegal mods according to the police.

and for the most part the vehicles should be street legal, they are safe, they have good tires, etc. most would probably pass a smog check too.

you can't even change a throttle body here in CA w/out CARB approval. as far as i'm concerned if a car can pass the state smog check who gives a flying **** what is done to the vehicle. that means modded heads/cam/exhaust are all game as long as the exhaust noise is under whatever a reasonable "limit" is and the vehicle is still safely driveable.

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

the police will pull people over for leaving our damn dragstrip here. they say its "probable cause". here are people who are actually going to the drag strip to race and the police are cracking down on them.

These posts just keep getting better.

Just to get this straight, police are hanging around outside the dragstrip and pulling over people who are driving/riding non street legal vehicles? Could it be that the police seem to hang around in areas where people are breaking the law?? Have these people racing never heard of a trailer? How about loading the bike in the back of a pickup? Since when do NON STREET LEGAL vehicles NOT put people in danger?

I guess I should be getting pissed when the police start to crack down on the area in the city where all the drug dealers and prostitutes hang out. How dare them!

Old 07-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's still breaking the law and you still need to get over it.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

It's still breaking the law and you still need to get over it.
there are a million stupid laws out there to break. it used to be the law that we had to pay taxes to the king of england... good thing we didn't just "get over it"

Old 07-27-2007, 07:39 PM

well well well we all have someting to say and thats ur right but to tell me im dumb is hurtfull. and ther are so many lil laws just so they can pull u over i have seen the police have to look up stuff in ther law book just to have something to write me a ticket about check it out if the tread on ur car tires is low they can pull u over and a lot of ur mods on ur bikes are illegal so if u get pulled over for having a lic plate monted on ur rear peg or anywere but right were it came from dont get mad ok

Old 07-28-2007, 07:53 PM

WA WA WA I LIVE IN A ****TY STATE WITH ****TY SMOG LAWS WA WA WA
Dude, get over it. I live all the way in New York and even I know about the smog laws in CA. If you have a mod on your car and its not CARB certified, its illegal and therefore making your car illegal, trailer or not, because its still DOT registered. And incase you forgot, the DOT is giving you the luxury of driving your vehicle on public roads to begin with, so they have you by the *****. If you dont like it, move to a state that doesnt have the lame laws CA has.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

barryem- i thought you were trying to put it back together for street use ? did it finally get too much of a pain in th ***? that was a pretty dumb move of you to ride that machine on the street but i can empathize with your situation.

ptowntsi- i understand what your talking about with the cops here in sac and yes ive seen them pull over cars right there as they pull into the am/pm right after leaving the track.. but that is a whole seperate issue (imho) from the OP's thread.did he deserve to get ticketed for riding the bike on the street , yea.. wouldit off been nicer if they didnttow the bike and just sent him home with the tickets .. yes.. but even from his own wordshe wont change his ways , so maybe taking the bike was the best thing for him .

smog laws here in cali do suck.ive taken cars with carb certifiedparts and then changed them out for non carbd parts and they have run same or some cases better but either way they passed smog emissions tests.anyways it wontchange the lawmakers way of thinking so you either pony up the money for carbd parts or you run the risk of getting caught and paying later.. either way your going to pay (trust me i speak from personaly experience with multiple violations in multiple cars )

Old 07-28-2007, 11:38 PM

ya ok i see some points here but do u know how hard it is to find parts for a f3 everthing starts at like 600 rr and after market parts forget about it so i try to find stock parts but since i have race plastic on and all if i dont buy all te fairings together they wont fit and of course all the *** clowns on ebay want to sell the plastic piece by piece with shipping and handling for each piece so they can make more money so sucks to all of them im working on just making it barely legal headlights, tailights and lic plate holder then see if i can get down the road

Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: barryem

ya ok i see some points here but do u know how hard it is to find parts for a f3 everthing starts at like 600 rr and after market parts forget about it so i try to find stock parts but since i have race plastic on and all if i dont buy all te fairings together they wont fit and of course all the *** clowns on ebay want to sell the plastic piece by piece with shipping and handling for each piece so they can make more money so sucks to all of them im working on just making it barely legal headlights, tailights and lic plate holder then see if i can get down the road
Man, you write the longest sentences I've ever seen. Ever.

Did you buy the bike with all these pieces missing or did you strip it down to be a race bike and now you're building it back up or...?

Quick Reply: so the police got me