CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Shinko tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michelin just dropped their prices,so don't jump too quick.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjohnson
Michelin just dropped their prices,so don't jump too quick.
This really only puts them on par with the price for Bridgestone's Battlax line (their direct competition) which were typically cheaper than the Michelins before. Shinko is still not really close to Michelin's price point.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 AM

I found a set of Michelin's for about $30 more, I think. But again it's my first bike, I don't need anything special, just something good for every day riding. And honestly, I'm not going to be able to tell the difference anyway. I've read nothing but good about the Shinkos and it seems that the only people who think they suck are the people who've never had them. I haven't decided for sure yet, I'll decide about 5 minutes before I order

Old 02-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat

Originally Posted by thatsarachik
I found a set of Michelin's for about $30 more, I think. But again it's my first bike, I don't need anything special, just something good for every day riding. And honestly, I'm not going to be able to tell the difference anyway. I've read nothing but good about the Shinkos and it seems that the only people who think they suck are the people who've never had them. I haven't decided for sure yet, I'll decide about 5 minutes before I order
get some damn shinkos and shadddup

:P

Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shinkos are fine all around tires. Dunno which Michelins you guys are referring to but if the Pilot Powers are only $30 more then buy them. They are the absolute best road tires on the market today. Their wet weather performance is close to some brands dry performance.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
Shinkos are fine all around tires. Dunno which Michelins you guys are referring to but if the Pilot Powers are only $30 more then buy them. They are the absolute best road tires on the market today. Their wet weather performance is close to some brands dry performance.

here you come in messing up all the shinko rave
but yea if i had 30 bucks more i would have gotten PP's myself.
but i went in with a budget that had no room.
but price for performance i think the shinko is decent for sure.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
get some damn shinkos and shadddup

:P
I've heard that somewhere before...

Prices for both. Like I said, I'll decide about 5 minutes before I order. Until then I'll drive everyone crazy going back and forth. I had just decided to get the Shinkos when I got on motorcycle superstore and found the Michelins. Then we decided to stick with the Shinkos, then I started wondering again... Pretty soon I'm going to flip a coin.

Shinko:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Department=394

Michelin:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Department=394

Old 02-24-2010, 02:04 PM

very funny thatsarachik, i posted almost the same thing in another thread. i did the exact same thing and saw the that michelin PP's were only about $30 more than the shinko's -- i just cant decide if its worth it for the name brand?? also i heard the regular PP's will wear out faster cause they are a softer tire?? as opposed to the PP2Ct which has the harder center (also more expensive)

i cant say i mind too much if it wears out a little quicker, as i would love the confidence of sticking to the ground no matter what, but if they just shred away because of that then screw it ill go off brand....

Old 02-24-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by andyriot
very funny thatsarachik, i posted almost the same thing in another thread. i did the exact same thing and saw the that michelin PP's were only about $30 more than the shinko's -- i just cant decide if its worth it for the name brand?? also i heard the regular PP's will wear out faster cause they are a softer tire?? as opposed to the PP2Ct which has the harder center (also more expensive)

i cant say i mind too much if it wears out a little quicker, as i would love the confidence of sticking to the ground no matter what, but if they just shred away because of that then screw it ill go off brand....
I have the PP rear, pretty solid tire, had it for over a year.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by andyriot

You're not just paying for the name brand with the Michelins, they're truly a better tire. Whether or not you need more out of a tire than the Shinkos can give you is another story, but in no way are you just paying extra for the name on the PP's. They are a much better tire and anyone who races will tell you that.

What kind of riding do you intend to do?

Unless you're riding really hard (especially if you're a new rider) you're probably never going to see the difference. All of this talk about higher quality is all based on the assumption that you ride these tires hard. The honest truth is that this just isn't the case for most people, as a great many mostly go in straight lines and don't lean their bikes hard.

Quick Reply: Shinko tires