CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Shifting into First..

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shifting into First..

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Come on man - I've done my best to not be an ***. No one ever said I was such a great driver.

Again, I reiterate - I have no idea about a Cavalier (), but if that's the case (synchros), then there you have it. Can you not disable it? Certainly someone who had such a sweet ride with all the aftermarket goodies, you'd be aware of an override or a method of disabling... right? Ir is that just a $2000 paint job with a carbon fiber hood and some hood pins. I mean, come on man - we're not talking about onboard electronics preventing a car from downshifting...

We're talking about the ability to do so safely within the limits of your bike/cars mechanics. In that respect, yeah - I'd bang it down in first everytime. Disable that **** and you'd be fine. Maybe I could do it for you, haha.

Oh yeah - and I'm sure I could hand you your *** in a rear wheel drive V-8 if it's under 3,500lbs. If we're talking bikes, yeah - I'm getting there. I'll be at Heartland Park Topeka Raceway at least 2 times this summer - open up your bike and shut your mouth - we'll let the track times decide. I'm done.

Any vehicle can be downshifted, safely, within the vehicles mechanical limits, into first waaaayyyy before stopping. I know my F3 can be downshifted into first by blipping at about 6-7K RPM's.

Period - full stop.
Goddamn, your an idiot.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:17 PM

so people have been saying how agonizing this is to read, and how they're just here to help out and learn:

I learn a ton from this forum...I try to help out when I can with my limited knowledge, but another big part of why I'm here is because I think this shiit is pretty entertaining (rather than agonizing) to read. I don't pay much attention to what's going on in the US because this is much better. I'm in my third year out of 5 in undergrad and I would just much rather be reading this than studying for my Med/Surg exam I have in two hours. If it weren't for threads like these, this forum would be less succesful. Well done everyone!

Old 03-19-2007, 03:56 PM

Man this thread is kinda funny.I'm going to put my 2 cents in here anyways, but what I'm going to say has been said Over and over again.

Shifting into first is ntoa probelm. AS LONG AS YOU MATCH REVS. end of discussion.

car and bike trannys are different but both can be shifted in to fist will moving. AS LONG AS YOU MATCH REVS. or there is some kind of restrictor.

Shifting with out the clutch is okay for the bike, and wont hurt anything. Just remember to preload the shifter. Also shifting from 1st to 2nd with out the cluth is a little trick do to the fact that there is that N is in between them. I personally shift with out the clutch, and only use the clutch from 1st to 2nd and visa versa.

Someone posted up earlier about there being a 'false neutral' inbetween 1st and 2nd. It's bull, because it's not a "false neutral" it is a Neutral. getting stuck there just means you didn't complete the full shift move ment.

Nuff said.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: LlanoSV

Man this thread is kinda funny.I'm going to put my 2 cents in here anyways, but what I'm going to say has been said Over and over again.

Shifting into first is ntoa probelm. AS LONG AS YOU MATCH REVS. end of discussion.

car and bike trannys are different but both can be shifted in to fist will moving. AS LONG AS YOU MATCH REVS. or there is some kind of restrictor.

Shifting with out the clutch is okay for the bike, and wont hurt anything. Just remember to preload the shifter. Also shifting from 1st to 2nd with out the cluth is a little trick do to the fact that there is that N is in between them. I personally shift with out the clutch, and only use the clutch from 1st to 2nd and visa versa.

Someone posted up earlier about there being a 'false neutral' inbetween 1st and 2nd. It's bull, because it's not a "false neutral" it is a Neutral. getting stuck there just means you didn't complete the full shift move ment.

Nuff said.
That's all I've been saying, maybe you're just a bit more eloquent

DDCavi, I've got a left nut you can suck on while you ponder the mechanics of your clutch and it's relation to downshifting.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:06 PM

Kid... is the guy in your Avatar boofing a beer?

Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

DDCavi, I've got a left nut you can suck on while you ponder the mechanics of your clutch and it's relation to downshifting.
After all the bull**** you wrote and half of it not even making sense nor correct, thats all you have? Original.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:19 PM

hahahahahhaah yeahh wtf is goin on in that pic

boofing:
-the act of consuming alcohol via the anus, for rapid buzz[/align]

Old 03-20-2007, 06:16 PM

when your almost at a stop just blip thethrottle and it will slip into first smoothly

Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Fatboy

Kid... is the guy in your Avatar boofing a beer?
Haha - yeah he is. It's actually Steve-O on Jackass 2. I took a screenie, figured it would make the perfcet avatar, haha.

If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's worth the watch. There are a couple of parts that are just completely horrid, but other than that it's good, clean fun!

DeeDee - considering the fact that your advice is to stay in second until you come to a complete stop - you have nothing to offer in this thread... be gone with your ignorance dip****.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Hahaha, jesus man I never knew anyone would actually do that. Talk about beer ****s....

Quick Reply: Shifting into First..