CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Send me some pics PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Send me some pics PLEASE

Would any of you post some pics of your F3 with all it's body panels and fairing removed? Sounds crazy I know but when my kid got his F3 last month he got what was left of the body panels in pieces, no fairing stay, speedo/tach or headlight and up close pics of your bikes would help a bunch as we try to put this jig saw puzzle together. I got the bike running good (at least it sounds that way ) and my kid is gradually picking up the necessary parts needed from ebay and or craigs list to make this beast road worthy again. He already picked up the tach/speedo and the fairing stay and headlight just came today and it's time to start putting some of this stuff together however your pics would be helpful so I can be assured that I have all the wiring routed correctly and there is a hose coming off the left side of the bike that leads to no where which I believe is part of the DAI system and I'd like to see exactly where it's supposed to end up at. Thanks a bunch.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 PM

check out my threads. mines on there without the fairings

Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by hss2010
check out my threads. mines on there without the fairings
Thanks for the tip but it turned out to be a false alarm. My concern was for the tube/hose for the DAI that goes along the left side of the bike then tees into 2 tubes then mounts under the fairing stay. I was spending all my time on the carbs and had assumed that "T" was missing but a closer look at it today showed it was still there. DUH!!

Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 AM

Download a manual I'm sure you'll need it , should be a sticky somewhere.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:53 AM

I've got a manual already but the pics aren't quite clear enough but I'll figure it out. My biggest concern is routing the wiring harness in a way that it doesn't interfere with movement of the forks. Previous owner had a low speed crash with the bike and tore parts of the fairing up and got just a bit too hasty throwing stuff away. While routing the harness around the faring stay yesterday I spotted a connection that had nothing to plug into. Tracking its color code in the wiring schematic in the manual revealed its missing a solenoid that mounts on the stay and is essential for the DAI system, it took a while to figure out the part # for it but I've got one ordered.