CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Rear shock reccommendation

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear shock reccommendation

I desperately need a new rear shock for 95 F3. The spring preload adjustment will only allow me to move it from settings 5 and 6, not to mention it rides like crap. I just got a spanner wrench to adjust it last week and found that out. I am looking at going aftermarket since I hear that the stock F3 shock wasnt too great. I have read a little on the f4/f4i shock replacement, but do not want to do because of raising the rear end up and I am not that tall at 5'7" i can just stand comfortably at the height the bike is now. Hopefully someone can give me a direction to turn as far as brand or even a part # would be even better. I weigh in around 180lbs which Im sure might give you an idea of how stiff a shock I need. Also, I do not go to the track and ride at all but i do like taking some tight turns and i want to be able to adjust the shock so it doesnt feel like the rearend is going to slip out from under me. Thanks for everyones help in advance.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Default RE: Rear shock reccommendation

Fox shocks are pretty good, and though they are no longer made they are pretty plentiful onEbay and elsewhere. I have one on my racebike and it's pretty good.

I also have an extra stock rear shock that works that you can have if you pay shipping.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:25 AM

I was wondering what model of fox shock that fits our bike? I searched for "fox shock cbr" on ebay and came back with 2 results. one was for a 900rr and the other was for an f2, which should fit my 95, and the guys starting bid was $400 for a new twin clicker race shock, which isnt really how much i wanted to spend, and probably isnt what i need. Any more help would be great racer. Thanks

Old 08-24-2006, 10:38 AM

Anything aftermarket like Fox or Penske is going to be spendy but will give you ride height adjustment. I haven't read much about the F3 suspension (mine came with a Penske 2x clicker) but if the only disadvantage to the F4/F4i swap is increased ride height, you should be able to get longer linkages or dog bones to bring the ride height back down where you want it resonably cheaply. Hell, I know of people that have even made them.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: LoneWolf04

I was wondering what model of fox shock that fits our bike? I searched for "fox shock cbr" on ebay and came back with 2 results. one was for a 900rr and the other was for an f2, which should fit my 95, and the guys starting bid was $400 for a new twin clicker race shock, which isnt really how much i wanted to spend, and probably isnt what i need. Any more help would be great racer. Thanks
The F2 and F3 Fox shocks will work on either one, but you must retain the proper linkage for you bike, and may need to change springs. The F3 linkage geometery calls for a lower rate spring than the F2

Old 09-08-2006, 10:21 PM

I'm also looking for a new shock. I have not seen any fox racing shocks on ebay for a while now. Can any one elaborate on the f4 upgrade? I'm 5'8' and I really dont care about the increase in height I would actually welcome it. I have priced the Ohlins and Penske. Ohlins new is 699.00 thats more than I would like to spend. Plus I already have a ride height aduster used for lowering but I'm able to put it just past the stock settings. Also can you chage the springs on the f4 shocks. I'll need a spring for a 190lb rider.

ThX