CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Race Tech Gold Valve Fork Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Tech Gold Valve Fork Kit

has anyone purchased this kit for the front forks, my seals are shot after this weekend, i called the shop they said 150.0 to replace seals, and i didnt know if when they do that do they diamantle the entire front end . if they do ,all the items in this kit would just replace the existing parts or would they charge me more to put these parts in????? i know i should have asked them but i didnt now i was hoping somone would know , and is it even a big difference in this kit from a stock set up , or is not much noticed. Im not doing any track days just hard street riding. appreciate the Help THANKS

Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Default RE: Race Tech Gold Valve Fork Kit

Is the quote for the forks on the bike or if you hand them the forks? This is why I always say ,if you have a sportbike,get Pitbull stands.They will pay for themsleves in no time at all.

They will charge more to install the valves,but be sure to ask them how much more.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:03 PM

i dont have a pitbull stand, and the quote was to bring bike in , if i bought just the forks it was 75.00 . both prices werent bad considering that one place said 500.00 lol. so . but i was on bike bandit buying the seals and saw the gold kit again i seen it before just forgot bout it, it was 152. tax +ship. I really dont know if there worth it cuz i dont ride track , but i do ride hard on the street. im a welder so right now im getting pic of stand so i can build it at work shouldnt be hard just some tubing and slap some weld metal on it.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:39 PM

I would expect that if you are taking them the bike and the kit and not buying from them, they would charge you some nominal fee over regular labor, however the kit itself is not that hard to put in once you have the forks removed and disassembeled. Being as you are a welder i wouldnt think it was a stretch to say you are somewhat mechanically inclined....if this is the case then save yourself the dough and replace them your self. if you would like the write up, or link to a write up that i followed exactly when i did mine then PM and will shoot it to you. and yes even if you are only riding streets, you will notice having the gold valve kit in. its certainly worth it...just my .02