CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Power?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power?

Now, I do realise that I've just dropped down from a 00 zx12r to a 96 f3 and obviously it's going to be quite the power drop, but after a run out today on the cbr I find it lacking substantially!!

I really do not recall my mate's 98 model being this weedy, it kind of builds revs but they don't translate to kicking it up the backside?????

I'm guessing I should change plugs and air filter, and go from there? She takes quite some time to warm up also, it's around 7 degrees in temp around here at the minute and the temp gauge only starts to move after 10mins on choke, whereas my zx12 would have had the fans kicking in within 5mins of cold start up.

The previous owner said she had sat for quite a while and true to form there was quite a bit of steam for 5mins or so after starting. Is it possible that she may just need a go run out to start 'breathing' again? I checked the tank for any debris or rust and it looks very clean in there. Any ideas or pointers appreciated. Cheers.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:55 PM

if its sat for a while then some gas may have gelled up in the carbs. Best bet would be to thoroughly clean the carbs(take them apart, dont just run a bunch of seafoam through them) and give her a good tune up, new plugs, filters, etc.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride a 08 cbr 100rr on the street and a 94 F2 on the track and I feel the F2 in not lacking at all. Of course it aint got the grunt the big bike has but I feel the F2 runs just fine.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by sjona2011
if its sat for a while then some gas may have gelled up in the carbs. Best bet would be to thoroughly clean the carbs(take them apart, dont just run a bunch of seafoam through them) and give her a good tune up, new plugs, filters, etc.
Is there absolutely nothing I can run through the carbs? Don't fancy attempting to take 'em out myself, I break things haha

Old 01-09-2014, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by dec11
Is there absolutely nothing I can run through the carbs? Don't fancy attempting to take 'em out myself, I break things haha
you can run seafoam through them, but that wont get everything out.
if you dont want to take them out, try the seafoam, but also change the air filter, go with an oem paper filter, and new plugs and see where that gets you.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 PM

you can run seafoam through them, but that wont get everything out.
if you dont want to take them out, try the seafoam, but also change the air filter, go with an oem paper filter, and new plugs and see where that gets you.
Will Wynnes aerosol do the trick? Apparently it's sprayed into the air intake, no-one sells seafoam in ireland

Old 01-09-2014, 08:07 PM

Will Wynnes aerosol do the trick? Apparently it's sprayed into the air intake, no-one sells seafoam in ireland
never heard of that, but you should be able to find some sort of fuel additive to help clean the carbs.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:43 AM

never heard of that, but you should be able to find some sort of fuel additive to help clean the carbs.
Yeah, plenty of stuff like Redex etc around, would this be superior to spray down the air intake then? Cheers.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:24 AM

Yeah, plenty of stuff like Redex etc around, would this be superior to spray down the air intake then? Cheers.
my hornet had gunk in the tank and in the carbs as i was sick of it conking out on me during my daily commute i mixed a whole bottle of redex with 1 tank and its fixed what i will say is change the exhaust for a free flowing, race system or just change the end can and make sure you use a normal honda paper air filter then go have it set up on the dyno like my signature says i am running 105WHP so its not sluggish more to come with an akra system and mesh air filter instead of K&N style

Old 01-10-2014, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by jackojeff
my hornet had gunk in the tank and in the carbs as i was sick of it conking out on me during my daily commute i mixed a whole bottle of redex with 1 tank and its fixed what i will say is change the exhaust for a free flowing, race system or just change the end can and make sure you use a normal honda paper air filter then go have it set up on the dyno like my signature says i am running 105WHP so its not sluggish more to come with an akra system and mesh air filter instead of K&N style
It has one of those Fuel end cans, the headers look very rusty but I can't see any obvious blow outs anywhere. Sounds a bit 'farty' but then the set up I had on the zx12r made a jet seem 'farty' haha.

Yeah, I plan to complete transform this bike in terms of sharpening up the power and re-vamping the aesthetics, or I might just buy another Fireblade

Quick Reply: Power?