CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Please Help!! I got a radiator question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more question, I had a regular 50/50 mix of coolent/dist water in my system and now I'm running water wetter. Could this have anything to do with my problem?

I want to ride so bad! I just renewed my insurance for the year and now my bike is just sitting in my garage. I'm sad

Old 08-13-2010, 02:30 PM

naw i doubt its that. are you sure your fans are coming on?

Old 08-13-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by smokin96
do what i did, just wire up the fan to swith so you can turn it on and off as you please. it solved my problem.

That doesn't sound like a god idea. The fan should only turn on at specific temperature. Your bike preforms its best and keeps the motor and transmission healthy by regulating the temperature with the computer.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:40 PM

96@cbr, no my fan is not coming on. I bypassed it, grounded it and it started. That would mean that its working, right?

MrGoats, it would be a last resort for me. I would like to fix this problem but I'm running out of ideas. I feel like I'm missing something but I cannot put my finger on it.

General question, if the radiator was broken, would water not pass through it? I'm trying to cross everything off my list. When I flushed the system water came out of the water pump freely and there is no leak. Should be good, correct?

I feel like the cooling system is a relatively small system (parts wise) and I have replaced most of it. What am I missing?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:30 AM

yes that means its working. but if its not comingg on by itself thats a problem like a coolant temp switch or relay some thing like that. I also agree with mrgoats. what mods have been done? is it running super lean causing it to overheat?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:51 PM

No huge mods. It does have a pipe and maybe jets. I had it dynoed before and the fuel/air mixture were normal. The bike was running fine, then a 112 degree las vegas day and now its over heating. The only thing I changed was switching to Water Wetter. I'm at a loss.

When your burping the coolent should the radiator cap be on or off?

Old 08-14-2010, 05:33 PM

i would assume the cap be off. try the cap like idodirt said. he seems to really knw his stuff and put fresh coolant in it. i really wish that your fan was wired up the factory way.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:10 PM

My next step is to replace the cap. I'm pretty sure Autozone sells a cheap one. Anyone got a part #?

96@cbr, my fan is wired up the factory way but its just not coming on. I know that the engines perform their best in a certain temp. I don't want to start rewiring things but if it comes down to paying a shop hundreds of dollars or splicing some wires: I'm going with the wires. I'm just really missing riding right now.

When do you guys notice your fans coming on at? I'm sure I could look in the manual and find a specific temp, but where on your temp gauge? I never really paid attention to my fan, until now, but it never seemed to get above halfwayish. (unless stop and go traffic)

Old 08-14-2010, 09:52 PM

that fan has got to be your problem mine comes on when the needle rises just a little over half way mark. what is causing your fans not to come on? im a honda tech and i only work on cars. if it were a car i would say the coolant temp sensor, the motor on the fan is toast or a relay or a switch of some kind man..

Old 08-16-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by schroncc
kjohnson,

I burped the radiator per the manual. Let the bike warm up, then snapped the throttle to around 4k a couple of times. I even tried rocking the bike a couple of times to work out any remaining bubbles.

Is the OEM radiator cap make that much of a difference? I'm not sure it will even fix my problem and I'm getting tired throwing money into this bike with no results
YOu leave the cap on the radiator.

Lean the bike all the way over on it's left side.Hold it there for about a 5 count.

Lift the bike back up.

Check the water level.

Repeat until water level won't go down anymore.

This is the way it's done.

Yes,OEM all the way.

Quick Reply: Please Help!! I got a radiator question