CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Please Help A Fellow Honda Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help A Fellow Honda Owner

Hey everyone. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with some quick measurements as I don't have a CBR 600 F3 on hand to use. I've got a 1995 Honda Magna. While I love the bike and it's engine, I hate the brakes and tires. My plan to remedy this is to try and stick a CBR 600 F3 front end and rear wheel on my bike using used CBR parts off of Ebay or Craigslist. Like yours, my bike also has 41 mm forks (though they are cartridge style). I assume that my stock fork tubes will fit the CBR fork lowers (both bikes use the same part number bushing on the fork tubes).

So, here is where I need the help. I need to know if I am going to have clearance with the Magna triple tree and swing arm. Could I bother any of you to measure the following?:

1. The distance, as close to the front axle as possible, from the inside of one fork lower to the inside of the other (basically, how wide is the area where the wheel fits in?).
2. The distance, as close to the front axle as possible, from the outside of one fork lower to the outside of the other (so I can calculate axle length).
3. The distance, at the top of the triple tree, from the center of one fork tube to the center of the other.
4. The distance, nearest the rear axle, from the inside of one side of the swing arm to the inside of the other side of the swing arm. (Again, I am looking to check how much space is needed to fit a CBR rear wheel).
5. The distance from the center of the rear wheel to the sprocket (I need to see if the front and rear sprocket will line up)
6. Finally, the distance, nearest the rear axle, from the outside of one side of the swing arm to the outside of the other side of the swing arm. (This will help me figure out rear axle length)

I know this is a lot to ask, especially since none of you know me, but it would really help me get the Frankenstein bike project off the ground. I appreciate any measurements you can give me, and it doesn't matter if they are in inches or metric (as long as it is clear which one it is).

Thanks in advance.