CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

My First Race in Pre'97 Class on F3.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
what happened in the beginning of the first race when you bogged a bit... almost ran into the grass
Ha ha, that corner tightens up (hard to tell by the video) a lot and to take it fast you have to go in late and hit the apex late as well - which i didnt and ran wide and off the track, couldnt lean much more and didnt really want to considering the tires were still a bit cold (was a nice sunny day but was very cold - about 6 degrees Centigrade).

Old 04-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by kjohnson
This sport takes lots and lots of seat time.

You're relying on your engine too much to slow you down for a turn.Many times you are dropping too many gears before entering a turn.

What rear suspension are you using?

Wish we had that many participants racing F3s over here.40? Sheesh,we're lucky if we get 12.
Well, next year our Pre'97 class is being changed inot Pre 'Ingection class which is crap, lads will just swaping for R6's and F4's. I dont really care to be honest, im sticking to F3.
I have Full race Ohlins at the back and K-Teck valves and springs at the front. Didnt rea;y have time to set up the suspension as it was raining in the morning for Qualifying and then was dry for both races and i was busy flat out with other things in between the races.
Wasn't sure about the gearing on the day either- just went with recomended. Half of the times could not remember what gear to use for some corners as well as was never on that track untill that day and we went straight into qualifying - just 10 minutes so about 5 or 6 laps, way too little time to get your head around any track. Hoping to do better next time around.
Just getting bike serviced and everything lubed and tightened for the next race on the 11th April on the track that i know very well - so hoping for a good result and will post some pictures and videos after.
Thanks for the inputs.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Also i have Spedo removed and completely forgot about the bloody Air Intake Valve, so the whole time i was running with little air going in and the bike running lean.
I knew something didnt feel right but couldnt think what it was.
Well i have suspension twicked, bike serviced and Air Valve removed so should be flying now.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be good to see some photos again and hopefully some video, sounds like you should go ok when she is running correctly.
It also seems as though you are the only guy racing these beasts on a regular basis.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Weegee
It will be good to see some photos again and hopefully some video, sounds like you should go ok when she is running correctly.
It also seems as though you are the only guy racing these beasts on a regular basis.
Incorrect.
I dream about racing them on a regular basis.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Weegee
look at my sig line <lol>

Old 04-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry had not noticed, well if there are people who race I think that they should show more photos/videos up posted.
The F3 is still a bike that should be feared as there is not many occasions that someone will walk away from us especially if the bike has had some work done.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:35 PM

I dont have a video camera,but later this year I may get some photos and post them.Some of my race pics revolve in the header on the main page.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:31 PM

I wish we had that many entries up here too. I think we had an average of around 6-7 last year in our "lost era" class (bikes 12 years and older). Don't know why the "modern vintage" class' aren't more of a hit. I had a blast racing the f3 last year, and it was easy on my wallet. Looking forward to this year. First test day coming at the end of the month, and first race a couple weeks later. Doing endurance and sprints again this year too. Might try and make it down to a wera event too, but not sure if the budget will allow.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:45 PM

I'll have some more pictures and on-board videos later next week.
Was racing today.
Finished 12th and 13th in race 1 and 2 respectively out of 32 people on the grid.
In total there was 40 people for qualifying today, so 8 lads missed out on the main races and had to settle for a NON-Qualifying race which was still fun.
I'll keep ye updated.

Quick Reply: My First Race in Pre'97 Class on F3.