CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

mixture screws...worth asking but fat chance

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mixture screws...worth asking but fat chance

Powerban, don't touch your mixture screws just yet. If it was running fine 3 years ago when you parked it, it should be running good now assuming you cleaned the carbs correctly and all of the old gas is flushed out. Most likely, your pilot (slow) jets are clogged. The pilot jets have an orifice that is about the diameter of a small, smallneedle, and you can't really clean it unless you have a REALLY small piece of wire (and even then, you have to be careful not to scrach or enlarge the brass hole.)

When a bike sits for a long time,it's almost always the pilot jets that get clogged. Now in my case, my bikehad a stumbleAFTER I had already replaced the pilot jets, so then I was able to move on to the mixture screw to fix the problem. Don't use the mixture screws to compensate for a clogged pilot jet.

Theeasiest thing to do is just replace your pilot jets with all new ones and know it's right. I orderednewones from Factory Pro when I found out mine were clogged.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: eric_the_jew
I don't believe air fuel adjustments affect sync any appreciable amount.
Your right,adjusting the A/S won't mess up the sync.

But pulling the carb setmost likley would mess up the sync, thats why I asked if youwere pulling the carbs.

So what was your final A/S setting.

Also you mentioned a D-Ring tool for adjusting the A/S were did you purchase yours?

Thanks SIRR1

Old 09-21-2008, 11:22 PM

Sirr.....the bike ran best with all screws turned to 1.5 turns out. I don't think pulling the carbs off the bike will affect sync unless you separate each individual carb. I just left them all attached as a set. I purchased the D-tool from factory pro. Although I've been told you can make one just as easy by taking a spent shell cartridge from an AR-15, and flattening one side of the end of the shell (making it a D shape) and it will fit perfectly.