CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

LED turnsignals... Can we flushmount?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED turnsignals... Can we flushmount?

ARRGH ... a bunch of manufacturers SAY their LED flushmounts fit our F3 as well as F4's but if they claim that - they are WRONG. Seems that the hole in our fairings for the turn signals are bigger than the newer F4 models.

Who knows what flushmounts to buy??? I've seen some kewl pictures in the our picture thread so it's got to be possible! If not flushmounts, how about other kewl/affordable LED short stem signals?

Turns out the hole in the F3 is 32.5mm at the widest part of the oval, and 54mm long - the products for the F4/F4i are only 50mm long. Looking it up on RonAyers- our turn signal OEM part 33650-MAS-671 is only compatible with the CBR900RR and CBR600SE (93-99 & 98 respectively)

Old 09-27-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by danroonie
Who knows what flushmounts to buy??? I've seen some kewl pictures in the our picture thread so it's got to be possible!

Originally Posted by GotCBR;
use any flushmount LED signals w/ backing plates
Backing plates makes sense because the fairings are flat. So as long as the flushmounts are bigger than the hole - ie. 32.5mm x 54mm they should work. So which ones has anyone liked? That is who knows how to find good LED flushmount turn signals with backing plates?

Old 09-28-2011, 07:24 AM

Yeah I ordered mine assuming they'd fit. If you're planning on painting, you can fill your original signal holes with fiberglass, bondo, etc. Just fill the holes and when it's all sanded down just drill a single hole big enough for the wires of the signal to fit through. They usually come with that sticky pad, so all you do is slide the wires through and stick it on. Here's a picture.

I actually placed mine a bit higher. Looked better to me.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by ZachLeon
I actually placed mine a bit higher. Looked better to me.
Zach- looks gr8! Where did you get those fairings?

Originally Posted by ZachLeon
you can fill your original signal holes with fiberglass, bondo, etc.
Yeah I'd like to know if somebody found flushmounts that fit over holes without having to mod the fairings. Anybody?

Old 09-28-2011, 10:00 AM

Yeah I'd like to know if somebody found flushmounts that fit over holes without having to mod the fairings. Anybody?
I've got some that I found on ebay... only problem I found with the fit is that the backs are perfectly flat, which doesn't fit well with the curvature of the fairings. I've still not mounted them as fairings are prepped for respray, but I'll try to take some pics in the next day or so.

There's a number of "adapter plates" available also - but from what I can see they look like crap.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:54 PM

danroonie- Thanks alot! Those fairings were on the bike when I purchased it. They were cracked and scratched beyond belief though. I did alot of bodywork and prep before painting.
Before-

Old 09-29-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by darkaz
...I'll try to take some pics in the next day or so.
ok... so the quality's not great (taken with my phone) but you get the idea... the flushmounts cover the hole no problem (see second pic) but as they have a flat back, and the fairings are curved, it's not a great fit.

These are designed to be mounted with the supplied double sided tape, but I'm thinking a few basic modifications to the lights (and a couple of small holes in the fairings) and these will screw on nicely with some of the backing plates removed.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 PM

Looking good dark...

Originally Posted by darkaz
I've got some that I found on ebay...
Kewl so which ones did you buy?? Looks like a great improvement for <$10 Still can't figure it out 'cause so few of them are 5.4cm long. The pictures you posted look a bit like: Flush Mount Sportsbikes Turn Signals for Ninja ZX6 ZX7 ZX9 ZX10 ZX12 ZX 6R 12R | eBay

But only too short 'cause they're only 4.8cm long. These ones are 'for cbr600F3' but also too short: LED Turn Signals For Honda CBR CB 600 F3 F4 F4i 900 929 954 1000 RR VFR | eBay

BTW where do u live down under? My best bud and frequent pillion passenger just moved to Sydney

Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 AM
Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 AM

Kewl so which ones did you buy?? Looks like a great improvement for <$10
They were the same as these ones on eBay (same seller as those, but in a dark/tinted finish)

BTW where do u live down under? My best bud and frequent pillion passenger just moved to Sydney
I'm in Melbourne (well, the outer suburbs of Melbourne at least)

Quick Reply: LED turnsignals... Can we flushmount?