CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Keeps unseating carbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeps unseating carbs

Ok so this will be the third time I have to do this in the month I have owned the bike. But the rubber tubes that connect the carbs and engine is impossible to seat right. The first time I was oblivious and it popped off this time I spent about an hour wiggling and pushing and even greased the ends a little bit and it did not wanna sit down. I even went and got the big 20 inch Phillips from home depot. Torqued them down and didn't seem like it was going to move. It did the same thing last night. Well acted like it. I thought I ran out of gas so I flipped reserve on and it still wouldn't run. It will run and as soon as you give it gas it dies. Like it's either out of gas or sucking air. I went to the gas station and filled it up after calling a friend with a trailer and still not running. Do I just have to keep mEssen with the carbs or is there a specific way to seat them

Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you give it gas and it dies, usually have an air leak. Now for the carb fitment, are you sure the previous owner didn't swap F2 carbs onto it? I have read the 2 don't mate up at the rubber fitment quite properly and the airbox.

Last edited by underground-mpyre; 12-12-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by underground-mpyre
If you give it gas and it dies, usually have an air leak. Now for the carb fitment, are you sure the previous owner didn't swap F2 carbs onto it? I have read the 2 don't mate up at the rubber fitment quite properly and the airbox.
+1

also make sure the boots are oriented correctly

Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 AM

Ok so it's not the boots like it was the first two times. I didn't do anything to it and now it runs and drives but it sounds like it is miss firing. It idles fine most of the time. Sometimes flickering up and down. Then when it hits about 3 grand it hesitates and continues hesitating a lot the way till about 9. This hesitation is like it's only getting a little bit power maybe 1/4 since it does go away I didnt think it was a coil. So Mayne more gunk in carbs again. I cleaned them a month ago. I got some seafoam and hopefully it will work.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Get the Yamaha carb dip. It is water based and mixes 1-2 with water. Make sure you remove the bowls, jets, slides, diaphragms, etc and soak them as well. You do not have to disassemble the carbs. You can let them sit overnight or longer. I let a set sit for 3-4 days. They were in bad shape. They came out looking like new. The nice thing is that you can put rubber parts in it and it will not destroy it. The rubber parts actually came out looking like new too. Works GREAT!

Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 PM

I had cleaned the carbs once already. I'll do the dip if I keep getting problems but the seafoam helped. I guess it had rained and I didn't think about it and I put a piece of plastic under my tank lid and blew air through it and I guess there is no seal. Any one know if there is supposed to be a gasket or o ring. Or is it just not supposed to be water proof?