CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Jet Kits Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Kits Worth It?

Has anyone bought a jet-kit for their F3? Just wanted to know if it was worth the money...and how much performance did uactually get out of it?
.....Easy to install?
-Thanks everyone

Old 03-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Default RE: Jet Kits Worth It?

It's worth it but definitly not something you want to install yourself. Unless you own a dyno and stuff. I'd definitly take it to a good shop with a dyno so they can tune it on the dyno. You can make your bike slower if its not tuned right.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

It's worth it but definitly not something you want to install yourself. Unless you own a dyno and stuff. I'd definitly take it to a good shop with a dyno so they can tune it on the dyno. You can make your bike slower if its not tuned right.

how do you tune the jet kits? i was reading the jet kit installs, and you just select what setup you have and put that setup in

Old 03-25-2008, 04:05 PM

Jet kits aren't that hard to install, just takes time to tear the bike down to pull the carbs out. Only thing that might suck is if you have to do any type of drilling because if you screw up, then you need a whole new set of carbs.

The tuning isn't that hard, but it takes time and there's a lot of trial and error involved. Unfortunately, each change in setting made, you gotta tear the bike apart to get to the carbs to make the changes, put the bike back together, ride the bike to test the settings, then if more changes need to be made, you have to repeat the process. My Factory Pro jet kit came with a pretty good tuning guide which helped out a BUNCH.

Personally I wouldn't bother paying the extra money to have it dyno tuned unless the shop has an eddy current dyno. If it's anything less, have it tuned the way you want it, then stick it on the dyno just to check the air/fuel ratio.

ORIGINAL: krayton

how do you tune the jet kits? i was reading the jet kit installs, and you just select what setup you have and put that setup in
On a jet kit, the tuning is basically picking the best main jets (high end), then you change the settings for the needles (midrange), then the settings on the fuel screws(low end/idle), so there's essentially three settings you'd play with. Each setting also overlap to some degree.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:15 PM

hmm....maybe i wont mess around with it then. Sounds like quite the hassle....but it would be nice to do it, damn!!

Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: F3Rider

hmm....maybe i wont mess around with it then. Sounds like quite the hassle....but it would be nice to do it, damn!!
i hear yah , i wanted to do get one on my bike but ended up scrapping that thought , to much to do . if i need more speed get more ccs and im not ready for that just yet .

Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 PM

Yea, sorry i didn't elaborate. You dont tune a jet kit, you just use a dyno and other tools like air/fuel stuff and such. I don't want to turn you off from doin it, just wanna make sure you get it done right. Other than exhaust its the only easy way to go faster so i'd say its definitly worth it.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

Yea, sorry i didn't elaborate. You dont tune a jet kit, you just use a dyno and other tools like air/fuel stuff and such. I don't want to turn you off from doin it, just wanna make sure you get it done right. Other than exhaust its the only easy way to go faster so i'd say its definitly worth it.
do you have a full exhaust system or slip on ?

Old 03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a Hindle slip on pipe onto my F2, with a "custom" aka homemade midpipe and such onto my F2, then I put a K&N airfilter onto the bike. When I first bought the bike it dyno'd at 82hp. After Dynojet Stage1 kit, pipe and K&N, it dynoed at 89hp. (Tuning was done on dyno at shop that installed jet kit.)

I did not really feel a difference in the total power, but one thing that I could for SURE tell is that acceleration felt harder and much more linear and smooth. It felt like a brand new bike.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Syphen

I put a Hindle slip on pipe onto my F2, with a "custom" aka homemade midpipe and such onto my F2, then I put a K&N airfilter onto the bike. When I first bought the bike it dyno'd at 82hp. After Dynojet Stage1 kit, pipe and K&N, it dynoed at 89hp. (Tuning was done on dyno at shop that installed jet kit.)

I did not really feel a difference in the total power, but one thing that I could for SURE tell is that acceleration felt harder and much more linear and smooth. It felt like a brand new bike.
how much did you pay to have it tuned ?

Quick Reply: Jet Kits Worth It?