CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Issues with bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with bike

Having some issues with my bike and hoping to get some more experienced people to help me find the issue. Going to give as much information as I can so please excuse the lengthy story that follows but I don't know whats important to know when fixing whatever my issue is.

Okay so about two months ago my bike stopped working during my ride home so I parked it and caught a ride home, wasn't sure if the issue was a battery issue or a rec/reg which had went out the previous year so I took the battery with me charged it and went back the next day. Put the battery on stopped to get gas and figured out it was the Rec/Reg as it was already acting up rpms jumping around and the battery being dead. Now thinking I was smart I figured I could just idle the bike up and keep it running and drive the rest of the 20 or so miles home. About halfway I lost all power completely and had to have the bike towed the rest of the way home. Got the R/R replaced (completely burned and fried) and checked it on a multimeter the battery wasn't charging so after using this site I found out I needed a stator. Figured that out and now the battery was charging, but me being stupid again when putting stuff together kinked the fuel line so it wasn't running (obviously) when trying to figure that out I mistook the drain line and wasted some fuel through that line but eventually after about a day saw what had happened and got it fixed.

So finally the bike was running however this is where I'm stuck. It backfires often not at low rpms but more when the bike switches to the high jets around 5k and up fairly often. It doesn't want to move off the line very well either if I am a bit more careful with how I let the clutch out it's fine though. Also randomly I get a sound near the engine/stator area that sounds like when you take a air compressor off a tire like that psst sound(not sure of how to explain it) did this intermittently and randomly so wasn't sure what it was or where it was coming from. I had to drive it like this for about 2 weeks however this morning I started the bike and this sound was happening every 30 seconds or so which let me figure out where it was coming from.

I think the backfiring is from the bike being lean from the symptoms and what I can find online however I can't seem to find this other issue or how to troubleshoot the various parts that could be causing the bike to be lean without just going out and buying parts which right now isn't possible. What's the best way to go about checking parts that can cause the bike to be lean(if that's even the issue) and if anyone has any clue what the other noise is that would be very helpful thanks.