CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

I'm buying a 98 cbr 600 F3

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm buying a 98 cbr 600 F3

Id save up another 1k and get a much newer Honda. After rebuilding mine totally and spending 3K or alittle more in total, I almost wish I saved a bit more and bought a new less outdated bike. My 2 cents. Good luck either way.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: Munson

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

in the end just remember this.... "is it really that good of a deal you cant walk away?" when dealing with people who absolutely wont budge on price i often try to remember that
But that works both ways. If you're waving $2300 in cash under his nose, is he really going to turndown a sure thingon the hope that somewhere out there he'll find someone who will pay him his full asking price?
yea you are very right but the thing i hate is people who asking way over prices for bikes that need work . ive been on both ends of the deal (selling and buying) ive also come accross those situations where i shouldve sold for the offer i 1st got instead of waiting untill later and more desperate to sell ... but i meant that quote from the buyers POV... sometimes you come accorss those deals that are too good to pass up. other times you know that it isnt that great and you can find it better price if you wait

Old 02-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Hey guys thanks for postin!! umm... soo i offered him full price, cuz its only been for sale for 3 days and i know it was gonna move fast. Also its my first bike and i dont really care about the fairings.. plus it really wasnt as bad as it sounds, just some minor scrapes really. Umm yeah plus i am getting a helmet, joe rocket jacket, centerstand, cover, and a whole lot more.... I think its a good deal and two other people have already made him a deal after i did... its worth it for a first bike i think... Now i just need to convince the Rents that i am gonna be totally in control. It will be tight i guess haha. Oh yeah one more thing... i want to get my own helmet and jacket and shoes... what do you guys suggest? if i dont get any returns i'll prolly just make another post. thanks again guys for the info!

Old 02-27-2007, 11:41 PM

congrats hopefully you get it as far as the gear question.. id suggest going into the "gear" section there are a few threads right now that are talking about peoples recommends for jackets,helmets etc. post some pixs when you get it

Old 02-28-2007, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: xcrusader12

yeah it cranks right up, didnt notice any leaks, tires are new, runs really smooth i feel bad cuz this guy wants more like 3000 and priced it at 2500 and he is sticking pretty firm... i want this bike though so i may just go with 2500.
Sounds like a good deal to me. Dont' worry about the 'firm' price. Alot of sellers raise the price by a few bucks then drop it to make you feel like you talked them down (dumb little game).

Old 03-02-2007, 02:19 AM

Hey guys... nother question on this bike.. Which I Get SATURDAY!!!! umm.... i want to change the oil even though it probably was just changed... just cause im kinda ocd like that but i donno its my life, my bike, my money... might as well run like buttah ya know!! soo first of all what do you guys think of Fram fora filter?... also what oil should i go with... i have heard soo many by now i am more confused... car oils out or in????? Also i want to put a K and N filter in it eventually but i think that means "jetting" it???? What is involved there? Anyways i appreciate all the responses guys and will post pics probably on sunday or next monday! and i want to work on my profile and make it sweet!

Old 03-02-2007, 04:03 AM

i dont believe if you put in a k&n air filter that means you have to "jet" the carbs .. now if you put on a full exhaust system you will . cant wait to see the pixs

Old 03-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what you need to know about oil and filters:
http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Consumables.html#Oil
I found that I was able to fit the 3.25" filter on my 97 F3, but there isn't enough clearance to use a filter wrench, so I hand-tightened it.

This guy doesn't think much of K&N air filters:
http://www.rc51.org/airfilt.htm

Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 AM

I got it!!!!! pix up tomorro promise!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 PM

i had the K&N in mine and didn't rejet it, i also didn't use motorcycle oil. I used regular 10w40 that didn't say energy conserving on the little circle label on the back. I also used a fram oil filter and never had a problem with that aswell. But now that i have my 929 for some reason i don't mind getting the honda oil and parts probably cause i get a discount.

Quick Reply: I'm buying a 98 cbr 600 F3