CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

I replaced the air filter and now my Bike does not turn on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I replaced the air filter and now my Bike does not turn on!!!

I replaced the air filter and cleaned hoses around and prior to that the bike had been running ok..now it does not start. I turned it of after I noticed like water coming out of ignition pulse generator rotor cover cap..right side of engine..weird??..next day I removed the pulse generator rotor cover cap..and it was fine...also noticed a bit of water coming out of my two brother exhaust, not by the end just by the union with me exaust system.....Can please somebody guide me here I am lost..now I drained the battery....i gotta get it charged!!..appreciate any comments!!!..Ivan

Last edited by elivancho; 11-22-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:36 PM

Did it smell like antifreeze?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Most likely you've got something either hooked up wrong or left disconnected. If it was working before, then it's something you did while you were working on it. Go back over it and verify each connection. There is a hose diagram on the air cleaner cover if I recall correctly. That should help you verify things. As for the water in the exhaust, condensation is a normal port of internal combustion. I wouldn't give it too much thought unless it persists after the bike is running and warms up.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by cgmiller83
Did it smell like antifreeze?

No it did not...it was just water and I turned the bike off right away..later I opened the generator cover cap and there was not any water at all..

Old 11-22-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Most likely you've got something either hooked up wrong or left disconnected. If it was working before, then it's something you did while you were working on it. Go back over it and verify each connection. There is a hose diagram on the air cleaner cover if I recall correctly. That should help you verify things. As for the water in the exhaust, condensation is a normal port of internal combustion. I wouldn't give it too much thought unless it persists after the bike is running and warms up.
yes...I think I must have done something wrong..I Would check the connections at the hose diagram..now I need to charge my battery....thank you...This is my first sport bike..That's I did not want to purchase an expensive bike at first.. I would rather fix it up and learn about it!! more fun!!

Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 PM

try bumping the bike

most people forget that petrol evaporates in your carb pipes so when they are pulled off the carb becomes what i call 'dry' give it a bump start in 2nd is easyest as 3rd trys to take off. give the throttle a couple of twists like one or two and then try it as for the water if you in the uk its winter mate so just be condensation.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by jackojeff
try bumping the bike

most people forget that petrol evaporates in your carb pipes so when they are pulled off the carb becomes what i call 'dry' give it a bump start in 2nd is easyest as 3rd trys to take off. give the throttle a couple of twists like one or two and then try it as for the water if you in the uk its winter mate so just be condensation.
...thank you for the idea......right now i have the bike in pieces and I am rebuilding it..its a winter project!