CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

I messed up, gotta question

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKYIE
Yes you are right. I was mistaken about the fan kick in temp. It works fine but I am having a hard time with an exhaust leak on the header. Flange is bent and I have to fix it.
I have to say, your bike was the whole reason why I got an F3, its painful to see you're having some trouble with it. I really hope I never have to do an engine change, I'm handy, but that exceeds my capacity.

Best of luck with getting it up and running again!

I do have a question, goes back a while. what subframe did you use for your YZFr1 tail? or is it custom fab? Anyway I could get a picture of it one day? the subframe that is? I've toiled over my hackjob for months. Now im thinking of picking up a real subframe for that tail, sawing it down, and bolting it to the f3 frame. Anyhow, your input would be well received.

Cheers!
n

Old 06-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nvanalymen,
I just put my tail fairing back on. I took it off to clean up the subframe. If you would have asked a few days ago I would have hooked you up. I did a custom job. I got some stock steel tubing, cut, bent, and bolted together. With it bolted together I could make adjustment to make sure everything was correct. Then I had it welded for strength.

I figured out my carb problems. I think I used too much sea foam and stp carb cleaner. After cleaning the carb the additive must have freed up any leftover gunk and it went back into the jets.

So I pulled #2 jets(the carb that was spitting and clicking) in the morning and let them soak in carb cleaner all day. Then roded them with wire and blew them with computer air. Installed the jets in the evening and now it sounds and revs a whole lot better. Plus I put in new plugs.

Now I have to find a carb sync tool somewhere to finish the job so I put all of this back together and take the new engine for a test ride.

Thanks bro for the support, Your F3 is cool as hell. I need to pay more attention to detail like yours. After seeing yours I am thinking about moving my rectifier. Its currently under my tank but I might relocate it to an area where it can get more airflow on it.

Last edited by VALKYIE; 06-14-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: I forgot to say thanks