CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How do I paint a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I paint a bike?

so when youre putting the base on what grit do you wetsand it with between coats? should you wetsand the LAST coat of base before clearing? after the clear is on, what grit do you wetsand the clear with to finish it off?

great thread. about to paint my ugly yellow/purple f3...as you can see, it matches none of my outfits. then to top it off my boyfriend buys me a pink riding jacket. grrrrrr

Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

Nah, don't sand the last coat of base. Also, if you want you can buff the top coat and then polish that beotch toa mirror-like finish, but no sanding.

Your F3 looks good - at least it all matches... that's why I painted mine An umm... yeah, my girl would kick my *** if I bought her a pink jacket - does he want you to be a statue or a rider? Haha, j/k...

And to top it all off you're a Mustang girl who knows her 302's! Whaddya think, carbed or injected? Those new Pony's have some serious beef and killer sound with the 4.6 and an off-road H-pipe - but dammit I loved the carbs!

Old 01-22-2007, 02:06 PM

ok on the base. but on the clear...dont you normally wet sand it with a very fine paper before buffing? i thought thats what they do on car paint jobs?

yeah, the pink jacket. i love it...but he bought it for meso it would look good on HIS bike...not MINE. its ok though...all the more reason for me to paint my bike.

and on the mustang engines. fuel injected all the way. this is 2007. why turn screws on a carb when i can sit in the car wiht my laptop and tune it?

Old 01-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 302FordGirl
why turn screws on a carb when i can sit in the car wiht my laptop and tune it?
Okay, so this boyfriend... is he a fiance or... ?[sm=yikesomg.gif]

Seriously though, if you want to do the complete paint job, you're gonna use a clay bar, rubbing compounds... basically you're getting out of my line of knowlegde. However, I am still most certain that sandpaper will not touch your ride after clear coat. You'll have to get some others' opinions...

Oh and uh... I asked you a question

Old 01-22-2007, 06:35 PM

ok cool. im gonna do a test run on a broken fender we have and see how i do.

yes the bf is my fiance. i just dont like using the term fiance. it sounds stupid.

and what was the other question youre waiting for an answer for?

Old 01-23-2007, 03:14 AM
Banned

Haha, nothing man - was being "ornery."

Is that an R1 your man is ridin'?

Oh and let us know how the painting goes.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:55 AM

haha gotcha.

yeah thats his r1 he rides. he has a blue 00 and a silver 04. he always rides the 04 and i ride the 00...but i like my cbr better (it fits me better) so thats why we're gonna paint it so it doesnt look so outdated. thinking of painting it the same color as his 04. that color silver looks niiiiiiiiice

Old 01-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

Nah, don't paint it...

That paint job is, "Cool As Ice!"

Old 01-23-2007, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

That paint job is, "Cool As Ice!"
haha yeah...not so much

Old 01-24-2007, 04:20 AM

Yea i'm going to have agree with you. The purple and yellow ain't happening. UGLY. the silver should look nice. I like the black personally with the stock white stickers.

Keep us posted on how the pictures turn out.

Hey KID, I finished my bike about..um...a mouth ago. here's my "myspace" page with a picture. (I know F*CKING myspace)

www.myspace.com/yung_jedi (FRIENDS ME...I"LL COMMENT YOU...I SWEAR)

Bad news is...I wreched the first day i went on the twist -es. Story goes, my girlfriend was riding in front of me and took a turn to fast and went wide, side swiped the hill just off the shoulder and the bike slid into the middle of the road. I was following to close and ran into her bike...learned how to fly... and quickly landed.

Good news is...My girlfriend only suffered a sore neck and a bruise to the chest "that i get to "messages" And I only suffered some bruised ribs. Didn't go to the hospital though so don't know for sure. but we're okay and ready to get on the road again.

well to make a long story short. I've got to replace the fairings that I recently fixed. It sucks. But o wel at least the bike is still straight. The F3 can take a beating. I love this bike.

Quick Reply: How do I paint a bike?