CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

HID Bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HID Bulbs?

Okay I absolutely love the way these look when you see bikes/cars going down the street. I was wondering how the installation process would be if I bought this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...-/330540896357

Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM

Just get a whole kit from DDM. Lot of wires running everywhere if you do do it....

Old 03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
csp

i'm still unsold on putting it in the stock housing. yeah it's a cool color, but the glare is gonna be terrible. beam pattern would look like **** with HIDs

Old 03-15-2011, 08:50 PM

Ah. Was hoping it would be more of just a bulb switch dealio. Yeah no thank you. Not worth my time haha.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by csp
i'm still unsold on putting it in the stock housing. yeah it's a cool color, but the glare is gonna be terrible. beam pattern would look like **** with HIDs
I put my HIDs in my stock housing for one reason, I want people to see me from as far away as possible. I know it pisses people off, and I know it would **** me off too, but for my first two seasons I want to be as visible as possible. Next winter I plan on getting a new bike or a retrofit projector.

I would recommend getting a full kit instead of just bulbs, when I got my first car I thought those bulbs would be awesome. They lasted a week and were horrible for light output.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM

They shoud have a decent kit. I have 8k's for my truck and love them.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 PM
csp

Originally Posted by ZachLeon
Ah. Was hoping it would be more of just a bulb switch dealio. Yeah no thank you. Not worth my time haha.
most HID kits aren't bad. they're pretty much plug n' play, maybe a small bit of soldering. easy to do. the hardest part is figuring out where to hang the ballast. i'd definitely recommend HID's over a regular bulbs any day of the week - provided it's a projector housing.

Originally Posted by Frank Lee
I put my HIDs in my stock housing for one reason, I want people to see me from as far away as possible. I know it pisses people off, and I know it would **** me off too, but for my first two seasons I want to be as visible as possible. Next winter I plan on getting a new bike or a retrofit projector.

I would recommend getting a full kit instead of just bulbs, when I got my first car I thought those bulbs would be awesome. They lasted a week and were horrible for light output.
i can see where you're coming from, but blinding people in oncoming traffic from the glare would likely lead them to flashing you, which typically at least distracts you. i am not gonna say it'll do more harm than good, just that a projector with HIDs will be significantly better. i'm still waiting on HIDs until i retrofit a projector in. i need to actually take apart the light, but i want to do something like the BMW guys do where we retrofit a tsx projector. from what i hear they are some of the best out there.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 PM

How much do kits run for?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:37 PM
csp
Old 03-15-2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by csp
i can see where you're coming from, but blinding people in oncoming traffic from the glare would likely lead them to flashing you, which typically at least distracts you. i am not gonna say it'll do more harm than good, just that a projector with HIDs will be significantly better. i'm still waiting on HIDs until i retrofit a projector in. i need to actually take apart the light, but i want to do something like the BMW guys do where we retrofit a tsx projector. from what i hear they are some of the best out there.
TSX projectors are very good, and can be found for fairly cheap.

Ive been flashed a few times, but its not really all that distracting. If I am stuck behind someone Ill drop back and flip on the high beams (Ive tested it with my gf and the high beams arent as bad as regular).