CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Help me remove emissions crap and get my F3 project moving!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me remove emissions crap and get my F3 project moving!

Well, after 6 months my 300ex quad with a '95 F3 motor is almost complete. (Build pics can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21064540@N02/ ) Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get it running well. Here's a little background on the setup: [ul][*]1993 Honda 300ex chassis[*]1995 CBR600F3 Motor (California Model), Stock internals[*]Older Yoshimura Slip-On with high flow race header 4-2-1 (yosh also?)[*]F4i gauges[*]520 conversion[*]Currently being gravity fed b/c fuel pump was leaking, will install vacuum powered fuel pump later[*]Plans to have custom sheetmetal airbox with one big cone or oval filter relocated to front of motor (for clearance purposes)[*]No ram air, solenoids, etc etc.[/ul]Since it's the California model, I'm having trouble finding info about jetting, etc. I plan on running the bike with all emissions equipment removed, including the box behind the header and making block-off plates for the holes. Also, no solenoids b/c I won't have the ram-air setup. With the exhaust and airbox I've chosen will I want to go Stage 2 or Stage 3? and also Dynojet or Factory? I plan on using the quad mostly for riding at the dunes and hammering down the dragstrip, so I can't have it running hot. (yes I know the radiator is backwards in the pictures, I am going to reverse the fan direction) Any advice on how to route my existing vacuum lines? I took it for a ride a couple days ago and it runs/idles decent in neutral, but when in gear it runs poorly and if I try to rev past 5k it just stalls and shuts off, too lean? Bike had the stock header on it, no slip-on, and open carbs with no vacuum lines hooked up. (see pics)

Youtube video of first start here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54QQ6wrvUb4 cylinder 2 not firing I believe, but it started to when I took it for the first ride

Oh yeah, this motor must've sat for about 5 years with fuel in the bowls, I stripped them down twice, cleaned all the varnish out, cleaned floats, valves, seats, needles, and pulled the jets and cleaned them with the air compressor. I'm going to run Seafoam through it this weekend. Thanks for the help! -jake

Old 04-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Default RE: Help me remove emissions crap and get my F3 project moving!

You're not going to need a fuel pump if you are not using ram-air.Straight shot from the gas petcock to the carbs

Easier to get another header system than removing the emmisions stuff and plugging holes IMO.

Good luck and holla back.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:53 PM

Glad to hear I won't need to deal with a fuel pump. Not really sure what you mean about the header though? I just wanna ditch the emissions stuff to save weight and make it simpler. Anyone else jetted a setup like this before?

Old 04-26-2008, 12:13 AM

PM me your e-mail address and i'll send you the manual for the F3. It'll have pictures for how to route all the hoses and crap, and it'll have the specs for the engine.

edit: http://www.stephygee.com/F3manual.zip

Looks like the file is back up