CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Got a new helmet today

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new helmet today

Well today i got a new helmet its a KBC Viper t77 tell me what you guys think its snell dot rated with fog resistant screen its like mad light to he tryed to canvince me to get the fiberglass helmet but that was like almost $600 so i went with the $98 helmet

[IMG]local://upfiles/12817/B8E3B5C962A44542B521A7BAE86034E0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Default RE: Got a new helmet today

Personally I don't like the KBC helmets. It's kinda like "you get what you paid for". I then to want to wear what the pros would wear. I've got a shoei myself.

The color scheme would match my bike though.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:03 PM

good deal nice lid . i myself have a scorpion paid 150 no way im gonna pay 600 for a helmet .if im doin 140 n crash head on no helmet is gonna save me once that biotch dont fog up n is shaped good for my head im ok with it . some companies out there just price motorcycle gear due to the lack of companies out there making gear now as we see newer companies coming along the prices will start to drop .

Old 04-28-2007, 10:55 PM

That really isn't the case. Yes the scorpion or KBC will protect your head but not as good as a good helmet. Plus they are much bigger, heavier, and way more wind noise. That being said I have a scorpion exo700 right now but I want a shoei rf1000.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:08 AM

see i finaly took a good ride today with the new helmet and i got some good wind noise. The noise accually told me today " IM A ****TY HELMET" as the wind flows threw one ear gives me a head ake and out the other lol well its not that bad but you get the picture. the helmet fits awsome dont even feel like its there but the wind make up for all of that.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Igot an hjc cl-15 and after about 65mph all I hear is wind, but atleast it makes me feel like I'm going faster .

Old 04-29-2007, 12:41 PM

The more expencive your helmet is the less wind noise there is from what the guy at cycle gear in raleigh north carolina told me. i tryed this helmet on from uuummm i think it was a scorpion helmet but it was crazy comfty and it like molded to my face but the thing was im a large and the helmet was a large and it felt real tight i guess every helmet has its own size my helmet now is a large and it fits like a glove and comfty

Old 04-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy yourself some ear plugs, will stop the wind noise. You buy your lid for protection, number 1.
As long as it meets the standards your off to a good start, its got to fit right, so it it won't try and come off in a stack (neck injury) and if its comfy all the better. Price can dictate wot you get in the way of construction, & features. However, like alot of things, sometimes your paying extra bucks for a "Name".

Old 04-30-2007, 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Ar15 guy

That really isn't the case. Yes the scorpion or KBC will protect your head but not as good as a good helmet. Plus they are much bigger, heavier, and way more wind noise. That being said I have a scorpion exo700 right now but I want a shoei rf1000.
like i said my neckwont be able to tell the difference in some ounces .maybe its just me but when i ride the last thing on my mind is wind noise im more like looking down the road paying attention to what some cager might do or enjoying a nice ride silence scares me so a lil noise does nada

Old 04-30-2007, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: pointman

good deal nice lid . i myself have a scorpion paid 150 no way im gonna pay 600 for a helmet .if im doin 140 n crash head on no helmet is gonna save me once that biotch dont fog up n is shaped good for my head im ok with it . some companies out there just price motorcycle gear due to the lack of companies out there making gear now as we see newer companies coming along the prices will start to drop .
Well since that statment happen to come up look at this:
http://www.araiamericas.com/news.asp...le_Current.asp

Its a story aobut a guy who had a "get-off" at 140mph and wasa saved becasue he had a pricey helmet.

Quick Reply: Got a new helmet today