CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Front end help........ please...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end help........ please...

I just bought a 97 cbr600 and it was down, when the handelbars are straight and the triples are straight with them ... but the tire is a lil to the left..... the frame looks totaly fine no spider cracks on the paint on any welds so im sure its the forks ... i want to get a few ideas of what to do with it ... i may just get f3 forks and replace them with some off ebaylike something cheap maybe .. or is there anything that will be a good inprovement for stuntin and just beeter ridin ... like maybe a newer cbr's forks .. if so will that be alot of modifation to set up different triples ...and about how much is this goin to empty my pockets ... any help would be great thanks this is my first post i hope to get hooked up haha thanks all

Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Default RE: Front end help........ please...

NO ONE KNOWS.......? COME ON>>>> U CALL YOURSELFS CBR PEEPS

is there anything that will be a good inprovement for stuntin and just beeter ridin ... like maybe a newer cbr's forks .. if so will that be alot of modifation to set up different triples ...and about how much is this goin to empty my pockets ... any help would be great thanks this is my first post i hope to get hooked up haha thanks all

Old 02-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Front end help........ please...

Well before you go buy some new forks try this. Your triple clamps are probably twisted. The top one is not straight with the bottom one throwing the tire off. (this happens to me on my dirt bike all the time when I crash from 20ft in the air.) The right way to do it is remove the tire and forks. Loosen the top clamp up (the steering stem nut in the center) and install the forks. Tighten the bottom clamps and then the top clamps. Now they are parallel so then tighten your steering stem nut. Install the front tire the way the manual says!! I would buy or download a service manual. Make sure you do it by the book other wise your fork will not be perfectly parallel. Or the hill billy way of doing it is loosen the clamps and put a long 2x4 between the 2 forks and twist them forks/clamps back. It sounds hard but its not bad....