CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Flush Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flush Mounts

I have a 97 f3 when i bought the bike the owner had blanked out the front blinkers well i was thinking about putting on a set of flush mounts on. i have read some of the other post and they all talk about differnt bike so i was wondering if it was going to be hard or not to install them? Also i dumped my bike before winter and kind damaged my left acess panel and thier is some road rash and also a small to medium crack on it so i was also wondering how hard it would be to bondo it or should i just buy a new one?
Thanks for all the help in advance.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:52 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Flush Mounts

Flush mounts are easy to install and if you need help.... we can walk you through it.

Bondo doesn't work well on plastic... take a look at this... Click here.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:29 PM

I was looking at the flush mounts and i notice that the ones i found were not d.o.t approved. So i was wondering are thier any that are approved and were can i find them? Also does it really matter if they are approved or not?

Old 03-25-2006, 10:20 PM

Most everything you want to put on your machine are not D.O.T approved..so its kinda what evah ya want to do...

Old 03-26-2006, 08:26 PM

i bought the hotbodies flushmounts for my 03 f4i but i cant figure how to get both the turn signals and marker lights to work
so far all ive been able to do is get the markers to work and thats it this is my first bike so i dont know what i am doing

Old 03-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Retired Administrator

with the hot bodies... you lose the marker light. turn signals only.... or marker light only the way you have them wires up, but that's not very useful when you're trying to signal a turn.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:25 AM

Not sure if the HB lights are LED's, but Watson has a running-light module that runs the LED's @ 1/2-power as marker lights and then blinks at full-power when you hit the switch....Heres the Wiring diagram they sent with them...they were $12(US)...

Heres the website(Look at the write up on the bottom of the page):

http://www.watsendesign.com/products...INK/index.html

and here's the install sheet...:
[IMG]local://upfiles/3756/A361E41CDA7B494C909CF1C0B3D04B1E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2006, 01:09 AM

I bought the HB LEDs too and can't get marker and turn signals. Its either / or. Is there a way to buy a relay or something to make the HB flushmounts give you both marker and turn signals? (sorry, i'm an idiot when comes to the electric system)

Old 04-11-2006, 02:12 AM

I just finished installing the Hotbody's flush mounts..On a scale of 1 to 10 the install is about a 1.5 in difficulty. (very very easy)

I went to Radio Shack and picked up a few bullet connectors (or a plug will work) this way you can unplug them if you need to take off some plastic for maintenance. Also, of the 3 wires, use the different colored wire to the black and the wire next to it for the red, this way they will blink and not be running lights. (easy to figure out after you notice 3 wires from bike and only 2 for blinker)

One thing I dont really care for is that its a little "under" the panel. It would have been nice if it was somewhat domed or bubbled so it can be seen head on (see picture)

They will flash faster too, because the LED's have more resistance then the incandecent bulbs, only a little faster. If it totally bugs you, you can buy a resistor for each side and wire them between the black and switch leg. (notice how the resistor "acts" as if were an additional light bulb?) the circuit "thinks" its powering a regular bulb.

Due to less head on visibility, I only switched out the fronts. You dont want someone coming up from behind you and not seeing that you will be slowing down to make a turn.

Peace out

[IMG]local://upfiles/6199/1F16BEC094B34249969C65A927191FF6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6199/A3464A76A7324D1A94B7100E5C9D7FD9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2006, 02:36 AM

Mig...

the only way to have running lights and blinkers is to find flushmounts that have 2 layers of LED's. they need to be separate.

Just look closely at the light bulb...you can see 2 separate filaments inside. One stays on and the other flashes.

The hard way (if you REALLY need running lights and blinkers) is to wire them up using the running light wire. Then you need to buy a relay, and hook that in with the blinking wire. this way, the "blinking" wire will shut off and on the running light. BUT, your LED's wont last as long cuz they are always on. Remember, you cant use the exsisting relay cuz its wired to work independently i.e for a 2 filament bulb. All you would be doing is providing an additional path for the electricity thats already there. They will be "in phase" ...that means you wouldnt be adding 12 volts with the additional (factory) wire. So if you thought you had found a short cut by using the existing relay, you wouldnt see anything happen when you flick the blinker switch.

I just noticed Wolfpacks forum...they sell a device that cuts the power in 1/2 then applies full power in bursts to give you the blinking effect. I wish I would have seen those domed blinkers before I bought the HB. You cant really see the HB from the front (although with the glare from the headlight, it may not even matter)

I hope this helps

peace out

Quick Reply: Flush Mounts