CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

First Ride!!! Questions- Pix, Screws, mirrors, pegs, cleaning, temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Ride!!! Questions- Pix, Screws, mirrors, pegs, cleaning, temp gauge

The "pig ear" mirrors from ebay work awesome and you can see fine from them.

BTW I hate you....that is definitely my favorite color scheme. Looks awesome. I also love the way the 97-98 tailsection looks. I'm jealous.

How many miles? Mind disclosing the price?

Old 03-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Default RE: First Ride!!! Questions- Pix, Screws, mirrors, pegs, cleaning, temp gauge

yeah bro!! hahahaha yeah it has 8,000 miles on her... $2500 bucks for the deal of a lifetime... HJC helmet-free, joe rocket jacket--free, rear stand---free, cover---free, rain gear---freeeeeeeeeee wahoo!!!!!! hahah had it for 3 days now and i have never ridden before, but i am countersteering, braking with front and rear, i went 60 mph today!!! it is soo comfortable and i love the whole thing!!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Registered Users

if you get on ebay and search ebaystores for PartsZParts they'll have alll kindsa stuff for your bike, i got after market emgo mirrors on my bike, the rubber boot doesnt sit quite right, but the mirror works fine. Enjoy the bike, you got a hell of a deal and a hell of a bike, mine's got 47K miles on it and still thumps like a champ, take the learning easy, ive heard nothing but good about the msf class and save you from dealing with dmv for your licence, ALWAY'S WEAR YOUR HELMET dont give a **** if you look goofy or wtf ever just get a tinted visor and you'll be fine. Never know when some nitwit will not look befor changing lane's and push you off the road. or like be riding home and discover a HUGE trash bag right in the middle of the road....(that was a very close call) be as safe with the stupidity as possible.... leave's and sand/dirt are your worst enemy!

Old 03-11-2007, 11:36 AM

I'm fairly close by xcrusader12 and the MSF course down here is only $20 to reserve a spot which is returned at the end of the course. Also, the test counts as the license test, so if one passes the course they have their license. They provide a bike and helmet here. Where else could one possibly ride someone else's bike for free as a newbie?

Trust me, they teach a lot more than just how to ride. Also, keep the gear on; it works, plus, you'll be thankful you wear it the first time you get stuck in a hail storm (owww). Admittedly, I know I look like a fat dork on my bike, especially all geared up, but it's all about the ride. If you're using the bike to pick up chics, then you're spending too much time stopped and not moving. Joe Rocket makes affordable gear, or if you want to look cool, then just put more money into the right gear. And finally on my silly little lecture, never drink and ride.

Amusing side note: A friend of mine once watched a drunk Harley rider fall over at every stop light. He'd get to the light and then just go plop (interesting method of stopping). He picked the guy up three times and could smell the alcohol, but finally gave up and left him at one of the lights. Granted it's not really funny, but stupidity isn't curable.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:45 PM

I took the MSF class in California for i think around 150...I don't care how many people have already suggested it...It should be made mandatory. If I had the time and the money, I'd take it at least once a year. On top of everything you learn, I HAD A BLAST!