CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

f3 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah im with ace. if you want a turbo bike and have the time/money/ability then do it, everyones gonna hate and tell you its stupid because theyre either ignorant or wish they could do it themselves. Its not like its some absurd, off the wall idea, plenty of people have done it so i dont see the need for negativity. If youre doing it ONLY because you want to make more power then id be kind of weary of all the time money and effort for minimal gains, otherwise i think its cool. If you want the novelty and accomplishment of building a turbo bike then go for it man, more power to you (no pun intended). If you go through with this ill be looking forward to seeing the end result and i bet a lot of the people that were talking down on the idea before hand will change their minds. (as long as you dont blow up your motor and give them a reason to say "i told you so")

Old 02-16-2012, 02:59 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickp123
yeah im with ace. if you want a turbo bike and have the time/money/ability then do it, everyones gonna hate and tell you its stupid because theyre either ignorant or wish they could do it themselves. Its not like its some absurd, off the wall idea, plenty of people have done it so i dont see the need for negativity. If youre doing it ONLY because you want to make more power then id be kind of weary of all the time money and effort for minimal gains, otherwise i think its cool. If you want the novelty and accomplishment of building a turbo bike then go for it man, more power to you (no pun intended). If you go through with this ill be looking forward to seeing the end result and i bet a lot of the people that were talking down on the idea before hand will change their minds. (as long as you dont blow up your motor and give them a reason to say "i told you so")
you're right to an extent, and i agree with you.
but it's because it's impractical.
want 30 more hp? throw in a 900rr engine

Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
you're right to an extent, and i agree with you.
but it's because it's impractical.
want 30 more hp? throw in a 900rr engine
oh yeah i absolutely agree with that. Not trying to take this thread off topic but if someone (with a 600) is trying to just make more power and thats all they want then there are way better, easier, and more effective options than a turbo.

But if someone wants to do it just to do it theres no need to flame the guy and tell him its a waste or a dumb idea, people do that too much on here. As long theyre not turning an erion 929 into a trike with streamers and a sidecar who cares. I like seeing what people do with their bikes.....besides that ^.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:42 AM

A trike with streamers lol.. I think I'd cry if someone took a perfectly good erion and hacked it up :P

Old 02-16-2012, 02:21 PM

practical way of gaining power? nope

badass way of gaining power? sh*t yeah!

i personally think that there are way more practical ways of gaining power but anyone putting boost to an f3 gets a big high five from project badass

Mac: Project Badass - YouTube

Old 02-16-2012, 08:04 PM

ok...lemmie start by saying the main reason im doing this because here locally is a dirt drag track and the class i am racing in is a 600 class..if i put a 900+ motor on frame i gotta change class..plus i think its badass also..lmao....but i have been doing alot of reading and finding out that my compression ratio is 12:1 and if i want to put a turbo on i need to get it down to 9:1...if i do this will this add horsepower also? and what do you think is the best way of getting the compression down? and 1 more question more air means need more fuel..would i need to add another fuel pump(so when i hit a certain boost it will turn pump on to send more fuel?) and i am going to take pice of my bike tomorrow and post it up...i cant even put the foot pedal down she only sits bout 4inches off the ground

Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 PM

well if you dont lower the compression youll just detonate your engine from the boost. These bikes are designed to run as high a compression as possible on 87/93/whatever octane without causing engine knock or ping, so lowering it will decrease power. Youll need to buy low comp pistons probably, maybe from wiseco. I dunno about the fuel pump so i cant help there, but youll have to figure out how much fuel youre going to need depending on the amount of boost youre running and then see if your pump can handle it and go from there. Probably just upgrading it to a higher flow pump and rejetting your carburetor? Im pretty much just pulling this out of my *** actually now, not really familiar with how itd work on a carbed engine soooo ill stop here.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 PM

yea i was reading that i can have the pistons shaved and it will lower the ratio....but if i dont lower the ratio its possible that the turbo will cause my motor to blow up

Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 PM

correct. Why dont you just get a nitrous kit and spray your bike? Might be easier and just as effective for your purposes?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 PM

i thought about that a nitrious kit costs $800 a lil more than what i was lookin to pay... dunno.thought turbo would be cooler i was going to do a cam kit and all..

Quick Reply: f3 turbo