CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

F3 Project Progress

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3 Project Progress

Too much drama and BS on them though, I will admit they are entertaining... I was told I am taking advantage of all tax payers because I'm on unemployment :bow... all I gotta say I is gooood and this gov't must be really poor since I'm not getting that much $!
Ok, so on a side note, here's my bike progress Sorry some pics are shaky, I was working on the bike till 5am, I started at 7am

Land lady came and accidently had my rear plastic fall and the light fell on it too cracked, damaged and scratched... so had to do it all over again...

Thanks to Derick for recommending Aircraft Stripper

My Pretty new Digital Cluster, wiring looks stock, it's all soldered up and then shrinkwrapped followed by high heat resistant tape (If I need to pull the tape off no glue will be left over.) Also have some 8000k HID

Frame Polishing (The Polish way!)

Test spray of my fender, Jet black... first time I've ever used a spray gun

Painted!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:35 AM

Look good can't wait too see it finished

Old 09-27-2010, 11:24 PM

So bike is all painted, and together... My tank came out bad but that's about it, I'm not sure why it came out like it did, looks like goose bumps.

I still need to do my tail light and my passenger pegs... once that's completed I'm all set...

Although today I ran into a problem after I poured in petrol, the petcock started leaking and I've got no idea why, I took it all apart put on a new O ring and still bloody leaking... took some good silicone and put it in the spaces of the petcock, if it works I might buy a new petcock next year

Old 09-28-2010, 12:21 AM

Someone told me you cant polish steel frames, I was dreading having to paint that thing without taking the engine out. Polishing will be the way to go.

The bikes gonna look good when its finished.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hootie233
Someone told me you cant polish steel frames, I was dreading having to paint that thing without taking the engine out. Polishing will be the way to go.

The bikes gonna look good when its finished.
thats correct, you shouldnt but you can put a clear coat layer on the frame once you're done polishing... I actually ended up painting my frame, and tbh I like it more than the polish...

Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM

looking great man. im going all black in the upcoming month when riding season is over. got some graphics laid out for it too

Old 09-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by F3LUV
looking great man. im going all black in the upcoming month when riding season is over. got some graphics laid out for it too
Are you painting it or is someone else in a proper paint location?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:07 PM

my buddy is a body guy for a dealership locally and we are doing it over there cuz he has all the stuff needed including a brand new booth (no dust >. and he owes me money so hes covering supplies.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:51 PM

Awesome! It's pretty easy, the only difficult part for me was the tank, it didn't come out like I wanted.

There's different types of black, metallic/pearl/candy, you might find something you like, mine has itty bitty flakes that you only see in the sunlight, which is kinda groovy since otherwise it looks black.

I need to finally take a pic and stop being a tease...

Old 10-02-2010, 04:31 AM

Lookin good man, awesome start.
Unemployment FTW

Quick Reply: F3 Project Progress