CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Ebay 7 Stars Kit, Finally Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay 7 Stars Kit, Finally Installed!

Well not the best pic but i was so excited to finish i had to snap a shot with my phone. The kit wasnt to bad to install, the entire front assembly fit fine but the tail section took some custom work, about 10 bucks at the hardware store and 3 hours adjusting to get close, but still not perfect. If anyone has questions about the install, fire away.

Blake

Attached Thumbnails Ebay 7 Stars Kit, Finally Installed!-f3.jpg  
Old 10-18-2009, 03:41 PM

Nice! Looks good...

Was there heat shielding?
Did you paint your tank?
If so, how much did that cost?
And which ebay user was it?

Old 10-18-2009, 04:08 PM

Hey Andy,

There is quite a bit of heat shielding on the kit, i was suprised because some past purchasers on here had mentioned theirs didnt have much. I had the tank painted at maaco, they did it for 50 out the door and it came out great. They have been known in the past as cheapy paint job shops but really the quality is quite good, and for that price its hard to say no. The ebay company i bought from is this one..

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fairingonline/

It took about 4 weeks to get and communication can be a bit poor since they dont speak very good english. The plus side is they paint the kits to order so if you want something changed color wise, they can do it. The bad side is i had actually asked for it to be all black and no silver, that translated to less silver :P

Blake

Old 10-18-2009, 07:34 PM

where did you get your targa seat cover from... im dying for one... and how much

Old 10-18-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by NYKnick1015
where did you get your targa seat cover from... im dying for one... and how much
That darn thing was a bummer and a half. I searched for i think 2 months on ebay etc and finally broke down and paid 170 for a new one from exoticsportbike.com. DONT EVER ORDER FROM THEM lol. After ordering from them i waited a month and nothing showed up, i called them everday for 7 days to check and every single time i was put on hold and then told their computers were down so they couldnt tell me anything and to call back. Every email i sent was ignored. I then started searching the net and found out nearly everyone who deals with them has the same issue. They are apparently a drop ship company that doesnt send their orders to the manufact. right away so you wait forever. In the end i should have called targa and paid the extra 8 dollars to get it from them(which is what i did with my r6 one last week, got it in 2 days).

Its to bad that it is the only option we have other than attempting to make your own, in my opinion it really cleans up the bike look.

Blake

Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 PM

was wondering about the fitment overall

did the front end and left/right sides have any noticable gaps or misallignments?

and how much was the tail section off exactly? could you up a pic of the tail section?

oh and the $50 tank job, did you bring it in for them to paint only or did they sand, primed, and then painted it?

Last edited by Deltemis; 10-19-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM

here are some pics of the Seat cowl that i just finished building for my 98 f3.

seatcowl11.jpg?t=1255985017

cowl3.jpg?t=1255985275

Old 10-19-2009, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Deltemis
was wondering about the fitment overall

did the front end and left/right sides have any noticable gaps or misallignments?

and how much was the tail section off exactly? could you up a pic of the tail section?

oh and the $50 tank job, did you bring it in for them to paint only or did they sand, primed, and then painted it?
Deltemis,

Gonna start off by saying i am one of those crazy nit picky perfectionists and here are a few more details.

The fit of the entire front end on my bike is really good. The only place where it might appear to be off a little is where the uppers go around the fuel tank, its not exact but i really doubt anyone would notice. The front headlight, i could only use 3 of the 4 screws to hold it in, for some reason if i put in the 4rth screw it caused the headlight to line up a bit crooked, with 3 it looks perfect.

The tail section was off about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, it didnt go all the way forward to meet up with the front lowers. Had to make a simple bracket to fix that, takes more time to get the bracket adjusted with multiple washers than to make the bracket itself.

Maaco prepped and painted my tank for 50 out the door, i just got back fromt here again today with my r6 bodywork, 150 to paint it, awesome price and the quality seems just fine.

Blake