CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyno Results

Hey Guys,

I had developed a good flat spot around 4K under load, so I decided to bike the bullet and get the old girl Dyno tuned to try and solve the issue. The place I took it was a race bike workshop who set up bikes race CBR400 and RVF400's amongst other things and thought they might have a fair idea about CBR's in general, They seem to have a great reputation as I had to book 2 weeks in advance to get the bike in there.

It seems as though the main jets were notched so they replaced them and now the bike runs great now and as you can see I have only gained nearly 1hp but the power and torque curve is alot flatter now and pulls hard all the way to redline even though I think that 93HP is not a bad figure considering the age of the bike and it only really has a full system put through and a jet kit. Once I get my 520 conversion and -1 +2 sprockets she will keep me happy!(for a while anyway haha)

Name:  DynoResults.jpg
Views: 3127
Size:  78.6 KB

On Another note I have noted in the past that there has been allot of talk about wether sports filters are better than OEM paper filters, Well talking to this mechanic at the shop who also races and sets his own bike up yes it is true OEM paper filters provide more mid range power (ON CARBY BIKES NOT FUEL INJECTED), somEthing about the carby slides fluttering with sports filters so I thought I might just help that argument haha.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did they charge you? I'm in the process of putting my full exhaust on and they want 425$ to clean, sync, install the jet kit and two passes on a dyno.

If my graph looks like that after I'll be

Moses

Old 10-11-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Weegee
[IMG]
On Another note I have noted in the past that there has been allot of talk about wether sports filters are better than OEM paper filters, Well talking to this mechanic at the shop who also races and sets his own bike up yes it is true OEM paper filters provide more mid range power (ON CARBY BIKES NOT FUEL INJECTED), somEthing about the carby slides fluttering with sports filters so I thought I might just help that argument haha.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:46 PM

Hey Wish,
It cost me $300AUD which at the moment is about the same as the USD but my bike had a jet kit in it and all they did was replace the main jets as the other ones were slightly damaged, so for the work on yours that seems fair I would say.

Kjohnson sorry I forgot your name but you were who I was meaning I know you always say that the paper elements are better for midrange power and now I will back you haha.
How does the result look to you as I know you have done allot of dyno work? also how much is your race bike putting out at the wheel? I don't know if I have a good figure as you hear people on this forum say they are getting mid-high 90's out of a stock bike or are they using a pinch of crap with their stories? haha

Old 10-11-2010, 05:28 PM

Which Dynojet does that shop have,200i or 250i?

Yours makes pretty good power.A few more can be squeezed from it,all while leaving it stock.I "twisted" the cams to get more power and to make it more linear.Mine's pretty stout,as several WERA racers have told me.My endurance motor makes 98 while having a steady power curve all the way to the redline,no "peaks and valleys".The SB motor is close to 110hp,power falling off @ about 12,5k rpm.Both run on pump gas,and are stone axe reliable <touch wood>.

Don't do the sprockets,learn to get more out of your bike first.Being fast goes with you wherever you go,regardless of what you ride.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:50 PM

Yeah I am not to sure, He must be pretty good as I said before all the track racers around the area use him even though there are other dyno's in the area. There are always at least 2 team trucks out the front and it took me 2 weeks to get in apparently that is a slow period for him.
Seems as though I am in the wrong profession, I am thinking that if your half descent at dyno tuning you can probably set any price and people will pay for it haha.