CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Direct Air induction

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Air induction

Hi, everybody!
I'm a new member of this forum from Russia, St. Petersburg. So, nice to meet all of you!
I would like to ask you a question about Direct Air Induction System on my F3.
The thing is that I had an accident with my bike, and as the result all the fairings is damaged. So I'm turning my bike into a Streetfighter. As it has this D.A.I.S. mounted on it and doesn't seem to look great on the bike without fairings I'm thinking about removing it.

So are there any problems with that? Can I just remove it and forget about it or should I make some adjustments? And will there be any differences in bike performance after removing it?
Thanx.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flanker
Hi, everybody!
I'm a new member of this forum from Russia, St. Petersburg. So, nice to meet all of you!
I would like to ask you a question about Direct Air Induction System on my F3.
The thing is that I had an accident with my bike, and as the result all the fairings is damaged. So I'm turning my bike into a Streetfighter. As it has this D.A.I.S. mounted on it and doesn't seem to look great on the bike without fairings I'm thinking about removing it.

So are there any problems with that? Can I just remove it and forget about it or should I make some adjustments? And will there be any differences in bike performance after removing it?
Thanx.
Welcome to the forum, taking off the ram airintake sounds like a bad idea to me. You COULD but I'm sure your performance would suffer greatly. I don't think the intake is even noticeable

Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

If there is any way to keep it, I'd keep it on there. The carburetors are tuned to the air flow and pressures that develop while the bike is moving. Also make sure your speedometer is working too. There is a solenoid that is tied to the speed of the bike.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Registered Users

Well, sure if I find out the way how to mount them without fairings I'll definitely keep it.
Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Also make sure your speedometer is working too. There is a solenoid that is tied to the speed of the bike.
Probably this is the answer to my question about poor performance of the bike without gauges. As everything was wrecked I just took of the instruments. So the system won't work without the speedometer?

Old 04-14-2011, 01:09 PM

As everything was wrecked I just took of the instruments. So the system won't work without the speedometer?[/QUOTE]

It will work, sorta you will find that you have pretty low power once you start to rev up past 7000 rpm. Ground the solid pink wire that would be going to your cluster if you had one and you should be fine. Make sure you ground it on a unpainted surface. I attached my wire to one of the mounting clips on the radiator

Old 04-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Hootie233
Ground the solid pink wire that would be going to your cluster if you had one and you should be fine.
Didn't get that =(
What wire do you mean?

Old 04-15-2011, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Flanker
Didn't get that =(
What wire do you mean?
There are two separate wiring connectors that should have connected into your gauges in one of those there is a solid pink wire, find it and loosen a bolt somewhere on your frame or use the silver mounting clip on the radiator and connect that wire to it.

Go out and take your bike for a spin, if it starts to bog down you need to find a better place to ground it out.

Do you have a f3 repair manual? If not search for a free download on the internet, they are all over.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Hootie233
There are two separate wiring connectors that should have connected into your gauges in one of those there is a solid pink wire.
The one that goes to air vent control relay, right? I'll try to do as you've advised.
Thanx, mate.