CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

custom tail project

Old 07-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom tail project

Ok, i like the look of my F3 but i still think there's something missing, so i decided to set a project for myself for this winter..... i have to do something to keep me outta trouble, and i dont really fall into the crowd with the f4i face lift and rr tails... so i started messin around with a few different designs and i came up with one that i really liked, too bad i cant really draw at angles.. i can never seem to get the body lines quite right, so here's my doodle of my project tail im gonna be workin on this fall/winter, tell me what you think of, im already in the process of buyin my a/b 3lb foam, and ive already got the glass and everything else sittin around

Attached Thumbnails custom tail project-custom-tail-design.jpg   custom tail project-custom-tail-design1.jpg  

Last edited by darkyuy; 07-24-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: forgot the pic!!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:54 PM

looking forward to this

Old 07-25-2010, 09:26 PM

looks good maybe you could make me one too lol im serious I like it alot

Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Killa96CBR600
looks good maybe you could make me one too lol im serious I like it alot
yeah me too .. hurry up .....lol

Old 07-26-2010, 10:13 AM

I like! Keep us posted

Old 07-26-2010, 04:11 PM

yeah when i get this finished up, im making a mold for it, its gonna have to probably be a 3 piece cast, still waitin on my a-b foam to come in so i can start carving and shaping

Old 07-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Old 07-26-2010, 06:10 PM

Yes lets see it I love custom bodywork. I have done a few body mods myself and if you have any questions about bodywork let me know and keep us posted.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:35 PM

yeah, i may have a few questions when i get down the line, but workin with a-b foam is pretty easy for me, i made custom ground effects for my old 91 camaro i had when i was in high school it was my senior project, but i did that easy way, i just followed the body lines and made the side vents bigger, and wider so my rear tires werent stickin out, and the front bumper i did the same, but i didnt use a-d foam back then i used what i had available and that was bricks of the pink foam that the shop had, i spent a lot of time fixin and readjusting the fiberglass but with a-b foam you really dont have to worry about the heat warping/melting it

Old 07-26-2010, 10:45 PM

yeah so im basically removing the banana seat when i make this, so its gonna be a one seat bike, the rear center piece i may make into a storage compartment that your able to remove so that u can still have a rear seat, ive been lookin at a site for street fighters and have found a lot of info on how to do this, my main thing was that i didnt want to chop and weld the sub frame, so im basically sticking with all the original mounting places, and i havent decided on whether or not im keeping the stock tail light, i was thinkin about goin with dual led strips for the brake lights, and the same thing for the turn signals, but i may change my mind, its a work in progress, never know what may pop into my head next

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: custom tail project