CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Clutch probs

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:49 AM
apj
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch probs

Hi everyone, hoping for a little help.

I am pulling the clutch apart on my 1995 CBRF3 track bike to try and trace the source of constant false neutrals and to install a factory pro shift kit.

I had a hell of a time getting the clutch nut to come off. First couldnt get the bolt unstaked then I pounded it out with a punch and then tried using the 6th gear / foot on back pedal method. No luck. In the end I put a couple of coins under the chain on the front sprocket and then used all my weight to undo the bolt. Ended up with me balancing on the breaker bar and jumping up and down on it with both feet. Finally came loose (took a chunk out of my crank case just above the front sprocket - my advice is to not use this method, get an impact wrench).

I have got as far as getting the clutch inner basket out. For whatever reason I absolutely cannot get the clutch outer guide to come out. It says in the service manual you are supposed to pinch the ridges and just pull it out. Mine won't budge. Has anyone else encountered this or have any suggestions on how to resolve?

Cheers

Old 05-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clutch probs

HI! not so long time ago i had the same problem! [:@]

i did like you, but center nut steel be in place..

i just try to broke this center nut using the hammer and scruedriver

BUT BEFORE YOU WILL NEED to drill couple very small holes in that center nut (holes must be in wone place NOT all around), that will let you broke it!!!
the steel is not really hard and drills pretty good!
that is only one method what i know[sm=badbadbad.gif]
i hope you will understand that i talking about

Old 05-12-2006, 07:05 AM
apj
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Clutch probs

yep i get you. I got the lock nut off after doing a bit of damage to my crank case however it seems I managed not to damage the threads on the main shaft which was good. I really need some air tools e.g. an impact wrench for next time i do this.

Finally got the clutch outer guide out as well, just had to use 2x needle nose pliers and alot of patience. Next job is to get the bolt on the Star out. Its really stuck in there!!

Can't wait to bolt in my factory pro shift kit and see how she runs.