CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

chase american leathers - anybody heard of them/are they any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chase american leathers - anybody heard of them/are they any good?

hey guys, I know i should probably post this in the gear section of the forum, but I figured i'd get a quicker response from you guys and besides, i trust fellow f3 riders more than most so has anyone heard of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHASE...QQcmdZViewItem

They seem like a good deal but I cant help but get the ol too good to be true feeling. Thanks for any advice/suggestions. I need a set of leathers and im going to school to so I cant afford very much. If anyone knows of a blowouts on a two piece suit or just the pants too let me know. thanks again everyone.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Default RE: chase american leathers - anybody heard of them/are they any good?

I did a google search but it didn't really come up with anything, I personally have never heard of them.
I always spend alot on safety gear for both myself and the missus as it can really save you life.
But if you are on a budget then something is better than nothing, its a bit gash that he won't except returns.
I think the main thing is to have a good helmet, then a good jacket, then gloves, then boots, and finally trousers.
good luck hopefully it will go for a low price.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 PM

thanks madmike. yeah i googled them too and thought it was a little odd nothing came up. I got a kbc racer 1 helmet, and a pretty decent textile armored joe rocketjacket, but I still think I need at least boots and some type of leather jacket and pants. Boots are expensive though I'm saving up for those too.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:57 PM

Most modern textile jackets are pretty much as good as most leather jackets, I think leather looks better personally butthey arerubbish once it starts raining. If you buy a two piece (I wouldn't recommend getting a 1 piece unless you race) make sure you can zip the trousers on to the jacket because in the event of a slide it will make sure you don'tget gravel rash onyour **** and back.
I have just bought my missus a Danese charger leather jacket and it is the mutts nuts, got it for £100 (about $200)brand new off of ebay, and the cheapest I could find it in the shops was £300 ($600).

Old 10-03-2007, 06:09 PM

All apparell has to pass safety standards, obviously some is better than others but the order is leathers, then textile. Look for thicker leather on contact patches especially, double seamed stitching, CE armour, the two piece which has been mentioned is ideal. I got a two piece spyke set for £400 $800 in the US but its just came out tops in tests. All you really need is for the clothing to keep you in one piece and for the armour to have minimal movement. Check its CE approved and it should be fine. Feet hands and more importantly head. The rest of your body has a little more give. Best of look and hope it goes well