CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

cbr f3 to f4i split seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER88
He's on about adding the tails from one of the older F4I's that were 2 seperate seats mate.
Yea his typo "stich" made me read switch instead of stick, which made me think he was saying that he'd do the f4i banana seat as opposed to the split seat. Spell check is your friend and usually eliminates confusion.

sounds like a pita think ill stich with the ole bananna seat its super comfy any way thanks for the info

Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Yea his typo "stich" made me read switch instead of stick, which made me think he was saying that he'd do the f4i banana seat as opposed to the split seat. Spell check is your friend and usually eliminates confusion.
i didnt even notice

Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt even notice
Heh, didn't notice my mistake til I reread it.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 PM

yea im was wanting the split seat setup but that r1 tail looks pretty bad *** nice job on that it looks sick another question i see a lot of f3's using the f4 header is there some gain by that

Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by moostadon
another question i see a lot of f3's using the f4 header is there some gain by that
I have NEVER seen anyone use them except myself and theres no advantage at all apart from i wone them for £5 on ebay because the seller had listed them as CB 600 headers by mistake and didnt know what year bikes it was off.

They have to be modiffied to fit which includes cutting the mounting bracket off the F3 headers and using it to bolt the F4 headers to the block and because the angle the end of it sits at its hard to get a normal can to sit normally from the peg with it.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have NEVER seen anyone use them except myself and theres no advantage at all apart from i wone them for £5 on ebay because the seller had listed them as CB 600 headers by mistake and didnt know what year bikes it was off.

They have to be modiffied to fit which includes cutting the mounting bracket off the F3 headers and using it to bolt the F4 headers to the block and because the angle the end of it sits at its hard to get a normal can to sit normally from the peg with it.
ya know, i think your bike is becoming one of my favs on this forum...
are you gonna paint the plastics?

Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 AM

Yes but im torn between 2 or 3 different designs as moment so not gunna rush into it until im sure and ive allso seen that people have started replacing paint jobs with full body vinyl raps wich look the same as a paint job but offers alot more protection as it doesnt chip and that so gunna look more into that first as well.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Thumbs up

Hey street fighter how many auctual pieces is there to that 08 r1 tail im seriously thinkin bout doin mine up i see an upper and and a undertail 2pieces and a tail light or is there more i love the look

Old 04-04-2010, 08:55 AM

Theres the upper main piece, the undertray, tail light, and both saddles (or front saddle and single seat cowl like i have) and thats it.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes but im torn between 2 or 3 different designs as moment so not gunna rush into it until im sure and ive allso seen that people have started replacing paint jobs with full body vinyl raps wich look the same as a paint job but offers alot more protection as it doesnt chip and that so gunna look more into that first as well.
Is that expensive?... arduous?

Quick Reply: cbr f3 to f4i split seat