CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

1995 CBR F3 ReWire

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 CBR F3 ReWire

First im gonna start by saying hello, ive been floating around here for awhile getting alot of useful knowledge from everone here. So on that note, Thank you.

Down to business, i bought my bike back in febuary, knowing it needed alot of tlc. main issue was an overheating problem due to a massive sludge buidup in cooling system. i decided to tear into the bike and start from ground up.

Currently done:
sanded/primed/repainted frame
polished swingarm/forks/rims
removed all fairings
removed front stay
drained gas tank
flushed cooling system
drained oil

now im in the process of building her back up into a fighter. i want to reroute the harness, but i only want what i NEED. when it comes to wiring im faily knowledgable. but as far as what an f3 REQUIRES to run im at a loss.

i also have a large amoun of various gauge wire, so when i say rewire im talking about cutting and soldin from r/r and moving forward to have as little wire as possible.

anyhelp much appreciated.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:16 PM

Does anyone have any tips. im talking with a few MMI guys that work for me, but like always cant really do much with out seeing it. they suggested laying out the harness on plywood and routing it like the schematic.

thats all well and good, i just need to know what all is required to start charge and run the bike. i know r/r,cdi, coils, and inline fust from battery, do i need a fuse box? radiator fan is gonna be on a independant switch and changed out to ahigh velocity computer fan.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STJ2011
Does anyone have any tips. im talking with a few MMI guys that work for me, but like always cant really do much with out seeing it. they suggested laying out the harness on plywood and routing it like the schematic.

thats all well and good, i just need to know what all is required to start charge and run the bike. i know r/r,cdi, coils, and inline fust from battery, do i need a fuse box? radiator fan is gonna be on a independant switch and changed out to ahigh velocity computer fan.
you got your hands full.
sounds interesting though.
id check with the guys who build go-carts or do micro sprints, because they often shave the harness.

are you going without gauges? the cluster has a ton of lights
yes, you need to have your fuse box.
are you willing to charge your bike independently every time you ride it? (if so you can dodge the r/r)
how fast will you be going? might be able to dodge the fuel pump.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
you got your hands full.
sounds interesting though.
id check with the guys who build go-carts or do micro sprints, because they often shave the harness.

are you going without gauges? the cluster has a ton of lights
yes, you need to have your fuse box.
are you willing to charge your bike independently every time you ride it? (if so you can dodge the r/r)
how fast will you be going? might be able to dodge the fuel pump.
yea i want to do away with the gauges, ive got a trailtech that was on my raptor that im gonna use.
i would like to have the charging system still. i did notice when i had laid out my harness that the r/r was only connected to the battery and the alternater, thats fine to me. probalby about 45-60 nothing extreme

pretty much i want the charging, starting, cooling, and fuel systems. better yet i dont want gauges, and i dont want any lights.