CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Will this jet kit work or do I need a different one ? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this jet kit work or do I need a different one ? Please help

Ok so I found a factory pro jet kit brand new on eBay that was on sale for 60 bucks so I swooped it up thinking it was a configuration 30 , I just got it in the mail the other day and the kit they sent me was the factory pro California kit configuration 10 and it came with 4 needles , the clips, a bunch of Allen bolts that's it says replace the Philips and then it came with only one choice of main jets which are 4 130 jets and then came with no pilot jets. So my question is will this kit work fine on my bike? I do live in California, so will this work or should I get another kit or I saw the 6sigma kit and the sci jet kit that comes with 16 jets so I think that would be 4 different sizes to choose from should I get that so I have different sizes to try Incase my 130's don't do the job or so I have different size Pilots Incase I need a different size than my stock since my kit didn't come with any? Any input on this issue will be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 09-10-2016, 01:05 PM

No one has any insight on my predicament? I'm eagerly waiting so I can either throw this kit in right now or order a new one

Old 09-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not familiar with the difference between California kits and 49state kits, but why dont you check out the carb jet database here in the F2 section and see what people are running who are at similar elevation as you. Being a California kit I believe its for the California edition bike, not just because you live in California. The California edition bike I believe has different cams and/or cam timing, plus some kind of smog pump BS so I figure the California jet kit would be based on the different cam stuff & smog stuff. Is your bike the CA edition or the 49state edition?

Old 09-10-2016, 08:17 PM

@coalminer,
Darn I checked the jetting data base and did some other research but can't find anyone using the Cali kit and yup that's what I figured is that it was for the California f2 and not just a kit for being in California , I have the 49 state f2 , so I guess its back onto eBay to get a different kit, but at least I have the factory pro needles now to use with some other jets cuz I'm 99 percent sure the needles aren't any different than the other factory pro kits, what kit do you run by the way? And have u heard of the sci brand kit? It comes with 16 jets so I guess that's 4 different choices , do u think I'd be ok getting that one so I have some options if the bike doesn't like the first jets I put in?

Old 09-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Jetsrus.com

If you think the 130s will work, you can buy individual pilot jets from that site.

Again, find a similar elevation, climate, and bike mods in the database and go from there.

Carb tuning is about tuning. Jets are a small part of a bigger equation. You've got your needles (which may very well work with your stock pilots - depending on the taper) and you can tune some of that out depending needle height. Then you have the mixture screws...

See if the difference in the jet kit is the air needle. It may have a different taper so that you could keep the stock pilot jet in order to pass Cali emissions...

Last edited by Conrice; 09-10-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 AM

My bike has configuration 10 along with the K & N air filter. I dont remember what size jet and I did not change the pilot jet. When I had my bike on the dyno, they stuff a "sniffer" in the exhaust, the dyno operator said my air fuel ratio was real good at somewhere between 12 and 13 to 1. When I wake up later ( I work steady midnite shift) I''ll go to the garage and find you some info.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:25 AM

My mains are 138, needle in the middle range. I am a little confused when I look at the carb jet database. I seems most have smaller mains then what comes stock & they have some kind of modified exhaust etc. A cheap popular mod back in the day was to go with 1 size bigger mains and shim the stock needles with 1 washer.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:27 AM

A jet kit really aint worth crap when you factor the actually value of the parts. But what your paying for is the time they spent developing it for that individual bike.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:19 PM

Thanks for all your help coal miner I can tell you are very knowledgeable about these bikes and it seems kinda hard to get help or peoples in put from people on this forum , maybe cuz I'm new idk, but u seem to always provide good insight. Ok well u said u are running a configuration 10 kit also and your mains are 138 though ? Cuz my config 10 kit came with 130 mains why is this?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:14 PM

Probably because its the California kit. Im looking at the Clymer manual right this second and it says...........Californa mains are 132. 49state mains are 135.
Slow jets are 38 for both.
Idle speed Cali.....1,400rpm 49state 1,200rpm.
Pilot screw adjustment Cali.....2 3/4 turns out. 49state 2 1/8 turns out.
It also say carbs are Cali VP42A 49state VP41A.....whateverthehell that means.
It also say ignition timing is different Cali 5 degrees BTDC 49state 15 degrees BTDC.
So with all that being said the difference between the Cali bike and 49 state bike is what your California jet kit is based on. What jets are in your bike now? Just for arguments sake I would not put a California jet kit in a 49 state bike.

Quick Reply: Will this jet kit work or do I need a different one ? Please help