CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Will this jet kit work or do I need a different one ? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok ya that's a lot of different specs so I'm definitely not going to use the California kit that I got , so I'm thinking I'll prob get a different factory pro kit for the needles and maybe this other kit by a brand called sci that comes with 4 140, 4 145, 4 150 and 4 155 main jets so I have a option at which works best, or I found this other kit that comes with a set of 40 pilot and a set of 42 and then comes with a set of 138, 140, 142 , 145, and 148 , should i get a kit with a lot of choices? Cuz I am just afraid to get another kit with only 1 choice of jets and then it not work as well as it could, is this an irrational fear?

Old 09-13-2016, 01:56 AM

Oh ya and I just have stock jetting with stock air box and filter with a full Erion system headers with 18 inch erion slip on and it really runs completely fine through all gears and rpm and there is certainly no flat spots by any means but maybe it can be improved but def. happy with how she runs right now but I want to throw on a k & n or piper cross so I'm sure that will throw it off and is why I want to jet it

Old 09-13-2016, 06:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would doubt you'd need the kit that goes all the way up into the 150's. I go with the smaller option. You say you have a full aftermarket Erion exhaust and the bike runs fine, since your in California, theres probably a bike shop with a dyno, take it there have them do a run with the gas analyzer in the exhaust. They should be able to tell you if your bike is rich or lean and where. You might not need a jet kit. Another thing dont believe all the hype about K & N filter either. If they let more air in they're also letting in more dirt.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:34 PM

Ya I was thinking the same thing I know there is fersure some shops that dyno bikes in so cal , I kno there is a bunch that do cars , there is one local that I went to a few years ago to have a 350z dyno'ed when I had one but idk if they did bikes . And ya I'm sure u are right about not really needing a bunch of larger jets at the moment but it would be nice to have them on hand in the garage because in a few months when I get another bike I'm gonna throw a 67mm bore kit in and get some port work done along with cam and crank work so the larger jets will prob come in handy in the near future. I do want to put in a new air filter soon to cuz I'm sure my bike could use one but I'm leaning more towards a piper cross or bmc rather than a k&n , I don't expect any huge gains from an air filter just probably more responsive throttle like they do with most other vehicles, oh yah what about a uni? I would like to use one of those but is there some cons in using the uni ? Because I don't really see any one using them why is this? My reason in wanting to go with uni is that they work great in other bikes I've used them in and their main warehouse is like 10 min downtown from me so I could just go get one for cheap at the snap of the fingers instead of waiting for another brand to come in the mail