CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Why Do You Own a F2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Do You Own a F2?

I bought my first F2 back in 1993. I really wanted a 1992 Black/Blue one, and had been drooling over photos of it for months. I just graduated HS and had enlisted in the Navy. My parents never let me have my own street bike in high school, though they rode a GoldWing all the time. So after I enlisted I got my dad to help me buy a bike. I ended up getting a 1993 Blue/White F2. I rode the snot out of it for several years. Then one time while I was overseas I got in a bad money crunch. I hated it, but I sold my bike and vowed I'd try and get it back one day.

A year or so later I was back in the states, and ended up buying a 1993 Blue and White 900RR. I liked that bike alot, but it never suited me as well as my F2. I ended up going inti the motorcycle business after I got out of the Navy, and its been a ride. I counted the other day before I bought my latest bike, and I had owned 40 motorcycles prior to this last one, often having several in the garage at a time. I just cant get enough of motorcycling. I've had the whole range of Hondas (1 F3, 2 VFR's, 1 CBR1100XX, 1 929, 2 VTR1000s, 2 RC-51s, 3 F4s - even a NC-30!!) as well as several other brands (though I keep coming back to Honda...) Different bikes do different things well, and I like to do it all, touring, track days, you name it.

Oh, and my latest bike??? I finally got it... a 1993 CBR-F2 Blue and white. 5k original miles, been in a barn for 8 years. $1700.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:49 PM

My purchase was rather spur of the moment.

After I finished my MSF course, I scoured the local motorcycle classifieds and asked people to keep an eye out for me if they spotted a good bike for sale.

I did some research prior to this, and knew I didn't want to get a brand-new bike -- as I wanted a cheap "disposable" bike to learn on.

Originally was set on getting a SV650, but couldn't find one for sale.
So, about a week after my MSF course, my neighbor called me up and said one of his coworkers was selling his CBR600F2. I didn't know about these bikes before, so I googled it quickly.

I liked the design and performance specs. I read that people recommended it as a noob bike, so I thought I might as well go for it.

Took it out for a spin and bought it that day. I was very impressed with the condition it was in, the sound of the yoshimura full-exhaust, the ride positioning, etc... A big difference from the 150CC's I was trained on.

Soo... it has been a couple years now since I bought it. This year I plan on pushing myself a little further than before and really try to develop my riding skills.
Once I feel confident enough on the f2, I plan on buying a brand-new Honda 600RR or a '06 Kawasaki 636.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:19 PM

This is my first motorcycle and I wanted an older one, so i looked through craigslist and found the F2 for pretty cheap, I think these bikes look a lot better then the other ones that are the same age, plus its a honda! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-28-2008, 04:29 AM

i was searching ebay. i found mine as an x race bike that just had the motor rebuilt.. i rode many of bikes from my dads X 954 to the v-rod.. i owned a 600 kan a tuna b4 i like the transition. plus a rebuilt race motor screams.. i feel like it pulls like a 750 to where the tire just wants to pop up.. i fell in love at first ride... i had to go to a more upright seating do to surgery on my wrist.. i will prob never give up riding till i have that near death expierence. plus isnt this one of the main bikes that put honda on the map???

Old 04-28-2008, 06:59 AM

I wanted a big sport tourer (FJR1300, Concours 14 or the Trophy ST). Been riding cruisers and standards. My Tattoo artist was selling a beat up one that ran great fo $1000 with 20K miles. I'm putting the finishing touches on it. I'm a family man SSsssooooooo........... I gues it wasthe best bike I could find that I could afford. Not what I wanted but I'm falling in love with her (the bike, that is. The wife and son already have my heart).

Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: jestr plus, isn't this oneof the main bikes that put honda on the map???
Nope! Jap manufacturers couldn't get into the U.S. after the WWII because Americans didn't trust them. Mr. Honda owned an Indian and loved motorcycles so they started producing them. Prior to the war honda made industrial equipment. Ishiro Honda was a marketing genious and knew that Americans were craving a cheap, reliable "anit-Harley" the CT50 and CT70 put honda on the map and the original sand-cast CB750 (I THINK it was '72) cemented their place as the #1 foreign manufacturer. Sorry, but I like ANCIENT history when it comes to my bikes.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:29 AM

ive had my 82 virago for 3 years and was on the search for any sportbike. I came accross this bike on cl for 1200 and it didnt run and was in a box so to speak so i got the guy to lower it to 700. a little work and its perfect. i actually prefer this body style over all sportbikes of the mid 90's just short of the kaw. zx7r's. I love the banana seat too, super comfortable. wound up picking anything i could find and actually love the f2!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:27 PM

i own a 2005 goldwing navi system, and a 1200cc vmax whit nitro so i need something in the middle i love the cbr f2 since my old brother used have one i pay 2100 for my one and all ready put anoter 2700 on it is looking like when come out of production line, o i forgot i buy a rc51 and all ready sold it for 1200 buks over what i pay and i dont put a penny on it that was a good deal

btw the f2 is for sale but is very expensive so is looking like im gonna KEEEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:24 PM

Price, Fun, Gas Economy, B/C I was told not to get a bike, Did I say Fun!.. Its a very enjoyable bike to ride. Turns heads too.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:45 AM

but for me it was available at the time (i was looking for a bike for about 3-4 months), just in my price range 2gs for 17xxx miles, wasnt concerned about looks since i live on oahu nice bikes get stolen like crazy, read good reviews about the bike, insurance for full coverage except theft is 50/month so thats reasonable to me since i got the bike when i was 19, parking at UH is a bitch and moped/bicycles dont give a **** about your bike and will scratch it just to squeeze into the parking area

idk about turning heads though...maybe im too busy paying attention to the road and crazy cagers to notice much

the most important of all i love riding her, comfortable in traffic, and can bang turns with ease