CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Why Do You Own a F2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Do You Own a F2?

I think this is a more appropriate post for what MTwallet was looking for.

Personally, I got a great deal on one.. It won't replace my 929, but i think it will be a fun toy and perhaps "loaner" to a couple of my close MC friends. I just can't get enough of Bikes i guess?

Old 08-08-2006, 03:35 AM
Default RE: Why Do You Own a F2?

Got a good deal on it as a fixer upper. My girlfriend is wanting to learn to ride, so she can learn and ride this till she buys her own bike. Then I was going to make it a stunter, but I'm getting interested in riding track so I may do that instead.
03' GSXR 600 is my transportation currently.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:46 AM

thanks Roadkill!

I got mine when money was tight and I had just sold my Camaro z28

My wife and I had just moved into a condominium with only one parking stall-- so my wife kept her car and I bought the F2

It's worked out great

Old 08-08-2006, 11:00 AM

my first street bike, was looking on our local "RECYCLER.COM" and came across the ad thought at the time it was a great deal, until I got on the "FORUM" and saw how cheap you guys got your bikes or should I say the low miles you have either way I love my bike glad I bought HONDA!!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 12:36 PM

Bought mine of a neighbour so I knew it had been looked after and knew the history
Cheap road tax (UK)
Cheap insurance
fast as f*%k blows a 1999 yam R6 away everytime

Old 08-08-2006, 02:07 PM

Got my F2 when I had crap to spend on a bike. I haven't put more than about $1k into the bike and it runs like a scolded dog chased by a cracked out monkey.

Ofcourse it's parked right now because the rear tire is showing belt. 80 miles a day on the Atlanta interstates will do that to ya.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MT Wallet

thanks Roadkill!

My wife and I had just moved into a condominium with only one parking stall-- so my wife kept her car and I bought the F2

It's worked out great

And is it not waaaaaaay more fun then the Camaro????

I bought my f2 coz I had just sold my semi-riced out 93 civic coupe and have been craving a bike for a long time. My friends all started buying late 90's model GSX-R 600's and ZX-6R's, unfortunatly I didn't have the cash to spend on a newer bike. I found my F2 going for a decent price and got an even better price after talking to the seller. Turns out that this old grandpappy of sportbikes is more then capable of holding its own and it retains is functiional sport-bike looks and is a great bike.

Even though she's an old starter bike for me, its been the best transportation with a motor that I have ever owned.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:53 PM

Heh-heh in terms of fun yes it blows the doors of the Camaro!

But in terms of torque...the Camaro z28 was a monster.

Nothing compares to it at all.

ORIGINAL: Syphen

ORIGINAL: MT Wallet

thanks Roadkill!

It's worked out great

And is it not waaaaaaay more fun then the Camaro????

I bought my f2 coz I had just sold my semi-riced out 93 civic coupe and have been craving a bike for a long time. My friends all started buying late 90's model GSX-R 600's and ZX-6R's, unfortunatly I didn't have the cash to spend on a newer bike. I found my F2 going for a decent price and got an even better price after talking to the seller. Turns out that this old grandpappy of sportbikes is more then capable of holding its own and it retains is functiional sport-bike looks and is a great bike.

Even though she's an old starter bike for me, its been the best transportation with a motor that I have ever owned.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:02 PM

i had an f2 and loved it. picked up a 600rr and while i missed the comfort, i loved the new technology. but after totalling the rr, i picked up another f2 for pretty cheap to ride in the mean time. weddings aren't cheap so i can't pick up another RR until after but an f2 will be more than enough fun for me. also the comfort and good mileage don't hurt.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:50 AM

just bought a 93 f2 about 2 weeks ago, $2400 with 18,000 miles on it, plastics are in great condition besides a scratch here in there, nothing major. paited rims to match bike and a custom seat. too bad i bought it in the winter, can't wait til spring!