CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

What problems have you had with your F2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dagg92
Thanks! I actually work the 747 flight line doing rework for a contracting company right now. But I have an interview at Boeing coming and plan on coming in to work the factory which pays a lot better then my current company. But the funding towards new useless fast dangerous toys has begun!
lol very nice sir! i worked out on the flightline for a few months around this time last year on the change incorporation group. wasnt much fun but i was just on loan. Best of luck on the interview and i cant wait to hear about all these new toys being only 22 i dont have many bills so my list is already growing and i love hearing other people getting the same opportunity

Old 06-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goatxxmastr
lol very nice sir! i worked out on the flightline for a few months around this time last year on the change incorporation group. wasnt much fun but i was just on loan. Best of luck on the interview and i cant wait to hear about all these new toys being only 22 i dont have many bills so my list is already growing and i love hearing other people getting the same opportunity
I feel pretty confident about it since I already work onsite, and I'm already assembly mechanic certified! I'm 19 and actually bill free right now cause I still live at home so I'm gonna collect them real fast > My parents might want me to move out by the time I stock their garage with multiple cars motorcycles and snowmobiles though hahaha

Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 AM

Let's see
1. Both brake light switches
2. Ex wife sat on it and dumped it over. New fairings on order from china
3. Replaced rattle can painted ehxaust from PO
4 replaced super glued mirrors from PO
5. Install factory pro jet kit
6. Throw out K&N after one to many atempts to jet it right. Bought emgo filter. Runs perfect now.
6. That's it. For a 20 year old bike with now 10,000 miles she runs beautifully. I absolutely love this bike! All time favorite super sport. One day I might get an F4i but for now I see no reason as my baby hums and I love working on old bikes.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffcbr600f2
Let's see
1. Both brake light switches
2. Ex wife sat on it and dumped it over. New fairings on order from china
3. Replaced rattle can painted ehxaust from PO
4 replaced super glued mirrors from PO
5. Install factory pro jet kit
6. Throw out K&N after one to many atempts to jet it right. Bought emgo filter. Runs perfect now.
6. That's it. For a 20 year old bike with now 10,000 miles she runs beautifully. I absolutely love this bike! All time favorite super sport. One day I might get an F4i but for now I see no reason as my baby hums and I love working on old bikes.
my favorite is #2 lololol
Sounds like you scored starting with with less than 10k miles! after 30k miles of abuse it starts going downhill.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 AM

my favorite is #2 lololol
Sounds like you scored starting with with less than 10k miles! after 30k miles of abuse it starts going downhill.
I figured people would appreciate that one. I was rather pissed at the time but I wanted new fairings anyhow so in the end it gave me the justification to spend 550 bucks.
I don't know about 30k. I know a few people with 50-60k on these old girls and they're still running along. I suppose it depends on how well you treat her.
One thing I forgot, I have to do fork seals too. Damn thing started leaking a few weeks ago.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jeffcbr600f2
I figured people would appreciate that one. I was rather pissed at the time but I wanted new fairings anyhow so in the end it gave me the justification to spend 550 bucks.
I don't know about 30k. I know a few people with 50-60k on these old girls and they're still running along. I suppose it depends on how well you treat her.
One thing I forgot, I have to do fork seals too. Damn thing started leaking a few weeks ago.
I had some P.O issues i think. The spark plug that loosened itself and stripped out the inside thread was a stupid problem. It was either over or under torqued i would guess.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"nullpost' to get this into subscribed, gonna list after work...

Old 06-29-2012, 02:16 AM

I had some P.O issues i think. The spark plug that loosened itself and stripped out the inside thread was a stupid problem. It was either over or under torqued i would guess.
Yup someone stripped it out then got to go in most likely but the threads where shot so it blew out. Happened to me on a Nissan van I bought once.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to make sure: About 75% of all of the issues or problems everyone is listing, seem to be accidental, age, abuse, or maintenance related.

I let the P.O. trash my bike, then I just rebuilt it from the motor up when I bought it. Other than an issue with a faulty spark plug wire, and a rear tire that keeps losing air slowly, I've been pretty dang happy.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wait just killed another battery, sparked from when the terminal was loose and killed the battery. Third time under warranty replacing ****ty duralast battaries and the lady was pissed hahahahaha

Quick Reply: What problems have you had with your F2?