CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

too much sea foam in gas tank lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too much sea foam in gas tank lol

So...im an idiot. I had an almost empty tank of gas, and put some sea foam in there, it ran for a lil bit. Had enough gas to get to the gym which is a few miles away. I get back to the bike after the gym, it starts but not idling correctly and it backfired, scared me pretty badly. and i rode off after it warmed up. I rode down the block, and the bike died. I call my friend to drop off some gas. I filled it up. Still wouldnt start until my battery died. We had no jumper cables. So we decied to push start it, and we tried maybe 10 times, all it did was turn the motor, fire coming from the exhaust and running like ****. So. my question is. What do I do now? DO i jump it and cross my fingers until it starts?

Old 04-08-2014, 05:14 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best bet would be drain it lol. You could always just drain the float bowls and tank, refuel with pure gas and try restarting it. The battery being dead and the mess made from draining the float bowls will be the main issues. Make sure you clean the removed fuel from the bike so you don't burn it up. It may continue to sputter and what not until the fresh fuel gets its way through everything.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM

lol im far from home. looks like a good walk is in order tonight.,..thanks

Old 04-08-2014, 10:31 PM

so, i walked my bike about two miles after puting starter fluid in the carbs and trying to jump it. all it did was backfire with some white smoke coming out of the exahust, im guessing that is from the sea foam. wouldnt start, just backfire, and flame, and running a little bit, then dying, and that was after filling up the tank with gas to full. so i guess i will have to remove the tank and drain all the gas. after that, how should i get the carbs cleaned? will putting new gas in the tank be enough?

thanks,
tom

Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 PM

does anyone think that the seafoam can clog up the jets?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

No it wont, and the white smoke is from the seafoam. Try this, Turn your throttle wide open than try and start it. this is the procedure to clear a flooded engine. Do this a couple of times holding the starter for no more than sec at a time, and than try to start it normally. This bike will run with a full tank and a whole bottle of seafoam in it, it just wont run perfectly.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM

ill most definitley try that, thanks a lot CJardine

Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Top the tank up to thin out residual seafoam , drain the float bowls

Old 04-09-2014, 11:10 AM

How do i go by draining float bowels? ill check out youtube. But do i need to know anything specific for this bike?

Thanks

Old 04-09-2014, 11:40 AM

take a look at the sticky in the tech thread on cleaning carbs, it shows you which is the float bowl drain screw. I would try to catch some of the fuel, it is surprising how much is held in those bowls !.

Quick Reply: too much sea foam in gas tank lol