CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

There's always SOMETHING!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There's always SOMETHING!!!!!

I purchased a 1994 CBR 600 F2, it had poor looking F3 bodywork held on mostly by bread twisty ties, REALLY cheap aftermarket rearsets and it's obvious that it has been raced, probably on the street (we have no tracks here). The right fork had an obvious bad seal. After reading everything I could on this forum and downloading the manual, I decide to bury my fear of failure and do the job myself. First let me thank everyone who has ever posted ANYTHING about replacing F2/F3 fork seals, INVALUABLE. Both of them pop out on the second yank after securing them to the bumper of my Suzuki Samurai. Everything was going spiffy, I reasembled the left fork and it was perfect. When I went to reassemble the right one it felt like it was binding. I sighted down the fork leg (the lower part) and to my horror [sm=smiley35.gif]I find a dent in it.. It is almost impossible to find looking from the outside, but sight down through the leg with a light shining through the lock bolt hole and there it is. So now I'm waiting for one to arrive so I can finish putting the bike back together.
If it aint one thing, it's another. Just wanted to put YOUR bike woes in perspective.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: There's always SOMETHING!!!!!

I guess I've been pretty damn lucky...No issues as of yet from my F2...Just regular maintenance is all.
RB

Old 03-26-2008, 07:49 PM

This is true. Man if there's one guy I sympathize with on here with fork problems its jahnaboi.

Good luck to you. And hearing all of your troubles does make me appreciate the fact that my bike is all in one piece and ready to ride. But just so there's no hard feelings just post up your problems and if it happens to be a rainy day where I can't ride I'll try and throw some knowledge your way. Pretty big of me, right?

Old 03-26-2008, 11:34 PM

I sympathize myself as well with those old forks of mine... That left fork was a %&$@H. I honestly felt like crying after trying so many forceful ways (applying more than 1-2k lbs of pulling strength) to pull that gay thing apart. That's why in the end I just said screw this and bought 94 forks (chromed with racetech springs already in em). Best move I've done so far considering the forks work really good with my ohlins shock. They're super stiff and dry as the arizona air in summer.

To be honest, I just wish my left fork was like my right one (came off with two yanks). So you're tube was bent? Atleast it came out!!!

Good luck.

-Jasper